Why I can't continue autocad 2012 setup?

ma7amadk

Hello,

I recently downloded AutoCAD 2012 from autodesk site, then I extracted the file, but when I choose Install and the setup beginning it's install 1st Net framework 4 and after the progress bar comes end the setup restart windows and nothing happening after that, every time I try to install AutoCAD it's do the restarting again after the Net framework step.

I installed Net framework manually from microsoft but the problem is still happening.

Could anyone know how to fix this problem?

In the attachments some files I found them in temporary folder.

Temp 3.zip

Temp 1.zip

Temp 2.zip

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Raudel Solis

• ma7amadk

• khoshravan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is your operating system?

What version of AutoCAD 2012 did you download?

Did you turn off anti-virus and UAC during install?

What is your operating system?

What version of AutoCAD 2012 did you download?

Did you turn off anti-virus and UAC during install?

I have win7,

yes, I disabled the anti virus and UAC

Your Win 7 is 32 bit or 64 bit?

You downloaded Autocad 32 bit or 64 bit?

Also, can you post your full computer specs?

I downloaded AutoCAD 32bit

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Pentium T2390 @ 1.86GHz 50 °C

Merom 65nm Technology

RAM

3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)

Motherboard

LENOVO IEL10 (U2E1)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor @ 1280x800

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives

156GB Disk drive (SATA) 41 °C

Optical Drives

CD-ROM Drive

HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

I ran into this a while back and I believe the fix was to clear out the %temp% folder and reboot. I hope I am remembering correctly, but it is always a good idea to clean out %temp% anyway.

HTH

Try to install .net manually using the one provided in DVD. I found that installing it from Microsoft website doesn't always work. They maybe different version, therefore not detected as installed prereq.

you can get rid of all the temp files for autocad but YOU CAN NOT INSTALL UNTIL THE REGISTRY IS CLEARED

if you have more than 1 version of autocad installed you must

be careful

if an install setup is signed digitally by a trusted windows certificate antivirus WILL NOT PICK IT UP.

the only thing that will block it is the windows UAC

step1

Go to start in windows 7 and type regedit and hit enter

for XP go to start, then Run and type regedit

next navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD

and you will see something like r.18 r14

expand one of those by clicking arrow

click once on a Acad folder and then go right and scroll to the right using the bar.

look for something like C:/programfiles(x86) autocad 2010 or similar

if you are trying and failing at installing any version of autocad first find the version

then find it in the registry as i said and delete the key

if i was failing at installing 2010 i will delete the selected folder

you may loose your previous preferences but its necessary to reinstall

for you the picture shown MAY be different confirm its the correct key by looking at the install location that regedit showsCaptur000.jpg

be careful not to delete anything on accident or your system might need a fresh operating system install

ive never made a registry backup in my life and to date im 100% problem free. ive been messing with computers since i was 8. No lie.

ive never made a registry backup in my life and to date im 100% problem free. ive been messing with computers since i was 8. No lie.

Always back up your Registry before making edits to it. It should be SOP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516

http://www.monkeydoit.com/edit-registry-windows-xp.php

http://www.cloanto.com/kb/13-151

Your words:

"be careful not to delete anything on accident or your system might need a fresh operating system install"

One prepares for this possibility by creating a backup of the Registry.

Edited by ReMark

Hello,

I recently downloded AutoCAD 2012 from autodesk site, then I extracted the file, but when I choose Install and the setup beginning it's install 1st Net framework 4 and after the progress bar comes end the setup restart windows and nothing happening after that, every time I try to install AutoCAD it's do the restarting again after the Net framework step.

I installed Net framework manually from microsoft but the problem is still happening.

Could anyone know how to fix this problem?

In the attachments some files I found them in temporary folder.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/net-framework-4-issue/td-p/2757559

physical file deletion wont help, registry editing is needed since the installation thinks autocad is still installed.

physical file deletion wont help, registry editing is needed since the installation thinks autocad is still installed.

If that is the advice your giving then it should be as specific as possible since I don't believe the OP has ever edited a Windows Registry. In this case the OP is having problems with AutoCAD 2012 on a Win 7 32-bit system. The Registry keys you want him to delete should be spelled out as shown in the following example:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012\R18.2\ACAD-9006:410
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\ AutoCAD 2012\R18.2\ACAD-9006:410

The above is only an example and therefore it should not be construed as being the exact key values. But you see what I'm getting at don't you? If the OP edits the wrong keys and, as per your suggestion does not backup his Registry beforehand, then he could possibly prevent his computer from booting up. We don't want that to happen now do we? The OP already has enough to deal with.

Now, can you provide the exact wording of the keys he needs to delete?

ma7amadk:

Before you consider editing the Windows Registry I have one more suggestion for you to consider. You can try using the Microsoft Installer Clean-Up Utility for Add/Remove Programs as found at this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Remove-Programs/td-p/2865314. Please read the entire thread as Windows 7 is specifically mentioned in the second post.

i already said " if you scroll to the right you will see the install location to tell what version of software it is for. it will say the install path