import Plot settings

nowikovs12

Hi there, I wanted to ask, I am using 2010 autocad at home, in University we have 2011, when plotting the file and selecting from the printer/ploter name you have many ways to plot, like - DWG To PDF.pc3 and others, the one way I am interested is using CUTEpdf.pc3 which comes in 2011 autocad in plotting options, I copied the CUTEpdf.pc3 plotter to my flashdrive and I wanted to ask, how can I import it to my 2010 autocad plotting options?

What I've been doing so far is choosing DWG To PDF.pc3 then go to proporties and then select import, then it provides many arrows, which I can't really understand, I just press OK, and then the CUTE.pc3 won't show up, because the types are reading - pcp &pc2Files (*.pcp,8.pc2) how can I import my CUTEpdf.pc3?

Thanks for your help guys :)

Copy your CUTEpdf.pc3 file to the same Windows folder your 2010 *.pc3 files are kept in. It should then show up in your page set up drop down list of Printer/Plotters. Otherwise you will have to browse over to your flash drive to find it every time you use it.

I think you will also have to install the CUTEpdf program for it to work. Unless you already have it on your home computer, that is.

It is quite possible, even likely that installing CUTEpdf let you create a pc3 file for AutoCAD, so install it before you copy the pc3 file from your flash drive. You may not need it. I have never used it so I don't know the details.

You can get it from http://www.cutepdf.com/.

Personally, I only print pdf's from AutoCAD right now, so I use a program called TrueView. It is also free and it comes from the AutoDesk site. It does much more than just create pdf output too.

What is wrong with the DWG to PDF.pc3?

An interjection... If I might.

That will work if AutoDesk has cleaned up the pdf issues that earlier versions of acad had. My 2009 LT is really bad at pdfing dense drawings all by itself. Some businesses went to TrueView or Cutepdf etc. to cure many of those problems with fonts and hatches and the like, and they probably still use them out of habit with the new versions. The add-on programs usually generate a much smaller file though. Much easier to email 250kb than 4 mb.

That will work if AutoDesk has cleaned up the pdf issues that earlier versions of acad had.

They did, starting with the 2010 version.

DWG to PDF is all we use now.

They did, starting with the 2010 version.

DWG to PDF is all we use now.

Good, 'bout time. I may consider updating.:wink: I suppose the only reason to continue using an add-on instead of DWG to pdf.pc3, is to keep the output file size down to reasonable levels. What's in those extra handfulls of megabytes anyway? Xref's? vectors? Complete data to convert back to dwg from pdf? Adobe world/universe bubble?

Good, 'bout time. I may consider updating.:wink: I suppose the only reason to continue using an add-on instead of DWG to pdf.pc3, is to keep the output file size down to reasonable levels. What's in those extra handfulls of megabytes anyway? Xref's? vectors? Complete data to convert back to dwg from pdf? Adobe world/universe bubble?

You can always do the trial and see if it is worth the investment of upgrading. I am pleased with 2011s PDF output.

You can always do the trial and see if it is worth the investment of upgrading. I am pleased with 2011s PDF output.

tanx, 'preciate the advise.