Top Posters In This Topic

• joemaddigotz

• ReMark

• SuperCAD

• The Drafter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

No luck with the two links posted above - they both can not be found on the site.

I was really hoping to see more threads on making threads lol...

I am surprised but definatly not sure with AutoCAD 2006 where to begin.

I have my cylinder made for the clamp - I just need someway of threading it along with the ring around the clamp..

Do a search of the forum on "threaded bolt". The topic has been discussed many times. Some of the threads contain links to other sites where the entire process of creating a threaded bolt is explained both in words and pictures. One such source would be Ellen Finkelstein's website.

It's quite amazing however - I have already exhausted all of my search options. I always search the threads and internet for help first -

I am using AutoCAD 2006 - where as Finklestein's is using a command "Helix" which I do not have on my version of AutoCad.

I could not find any resource that would help me with 06..

People are posting that finklestein like it was the bible.

She is not explaining it for my version of AutoCAD - she is using some Helix command found in I believe 07 and above.

Now that I have this LSP file loaded. I do not know how to use it - I am a beginner that is why I am here.

I never used an "LSP" file before... I am trying to figure it out - I just do not see anything happening lol!!!

Thanks Fuccarro I am going to check it out. I have been searching "Use, Using LISP" but finding a lot of threads...

Ah perfect!

That is all I needed because now I see the command to run the LSP is not the filename yet the name defined in the first line of the LSP text!!!!

THANK YOU VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY MUCH FUCCARO!!! :D

You guys are the best - now I am going to read about how to tweak the entire LSP so that I guess I can have some kind of extrusion of the spiral - but for now this is great and I really want to say thank you again. I can begin pushing forward again!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Haa!

No JJ. Just that we can't see the forest for the trees sometimes. Does the phrase "as plain as the nose on your face" ring a bell? Forget the mini rant. Just having an oh-my-god moment.

No JJ. Just that we can't see the forest for the trees sometimes. Does the phrase "as plain as the nose on your face" ring a bell? Forget the mini rant. Just having an oh-my-god moment.

What are you implying? That I thanked him for his last reply soley or what? :?

What did I "type" in here that you had to make this comment? :huh:

I can't speak for ReMark but I laughed out loud when I read your post:

People are posting that finklestein like it was the bible.
Because, in fact, it IS. See the image below. (BTW She has published a Bible for every version back to at least R14.) You may be able to pick up a used copy for 2006.

Glen

FINKLESTEIN.jpg

We've already covered this topic (Helix.lsp) in another thread. Visit CADTutor's AutoLISP Archive forum.

Maybe it just required repeating the above.

This info was also provided in another thread as well wasn't it?

Never mind. I hadn't had my tenth cup of coffee yet.