object snap modes

Jadgpanther

HI

fairly often I find that when using object snap, the settings for OS modes seems to lose its memory, the OS modes box pops up and I have to keep checking 'select all'

see attached,

is this just a bug, or is there a way to stop this happening

thanks

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 15 11.07.jpg

You can create a new button and use the above string on Macro field - please take care that there is a space at the end of the string.

^C^COSMODE 15359 

Regards,

Mircea

Is it loosing it between commands or when you open AutoCAD in the morning?

If you set OSnaps duringa command, that setting is not remembered (sometimes at least) when you exit the command.

If its loosing it between AutoCAD-sessions, try saving your workspace.

Something similar has happened to me before on LT but the dialogue box didn't pop up without me opening it. I can't remember what caused it now, I'll have a think and come back later. Were you using the override snaps where you press shift and another key i.e. e to override to end snap only?

so if you set OSnaps when you have no command active, does it then change OSnaps while in a command?

Do you use anything but standard LT, any plugins that can mess with your OSmode?

what does the command ^C^COSMODE 15359 do ?

The current state of OSNAP modes is stored in a system variable named OSMODE – by setting it to 15359 means that all modes are selected and the feature is active.

The suggested button is intended to reset this system variable to the state that you are looking for.

Regards,

Mircea

Tiger

yes, we do use ELectrical designer plugin, which adds lots of tools for schematic drawings, (often considered that this s/w was messing a lot of settings up ) ?

thanks

Mircea

yep, will use the button with that command, see if things improve, ( is very frustrating at times when it happens, as I use OS for lot of schematics )

thanks

Perhaps you should try and contact whoever does Electrical Designer and see what they say their commands do to OSmode-settings?

Does it matter if you set OSMode and then save your Workspace?

You can create a new button and use the above string on Macro field - please take care that there is a space at the end of the string.

^C^COSMODE 15359 

Regards,

Mircea

I like that code!

I still can't remember what caused the Osnaps to loose their settings on my copy. Although my Friday afternoon liquid lunch may have had something to do with that!

At least now thanks to msasu I'll be prepaed when it happens again!

Tiger

to be honest, their s/w is very buggy, (is Spanish origin, Aceri ),

setting OSmode and saving WSpace is no problem

Ah. A button to habitually click is perhaps the best way then. Code in a Save there too perhaps to get two stones with one fly :wink:

Tiger

to be honest, their s/w is very buggy, (is Spanish origin, Aceri ),

setting OSmode and saving WSpace is no problem

we evaluated ED and decided against it - good call by the sounds of it.

we are now evaluating AutoCAD Electrical but I am the only one with any training and I'm not sure the others will be. Its better than ED but still does some very funny things!

^C^COSMODE 15359 

Regards,

Mircea

If you don't like pressing buttons and use keyboard commands more, a very similar to what Mircea suggested is that you can use a simple LISP.

(DEFUN C:2()
(SETVAR "OSMODE" 15359))
(PRINC)

You can modify that 2 to be whatever command you want, but I have several different OSMode options, but in this case, when I use the command "2" it changes my OSMode to specific settings.

Here is a link with more information about getting the values for the OSMode numbers if you want to use specific ones and not all of them for a macro / LISP...

OSMode Codes

we are now evaluating AutoCAD Electrical but I am the only one with any training and I'm not sure the others will be. Its better than ED but still does some very funny things!

yep, these addons, sure do mess with CAD sometimes, at least Autocad electrical is made by Autodesk, is far better, and more bucks, get what you pay for I guess.

causes CAD to crash a lot too,

I think the idea of using a button is because the OP states LT as his version. LISP is not available on LT.

Didn't see that... :oops:

To find the osnap settings for what you like to have in a button is simple just set them then OSMODE a number will appear the 15359 refers to everything turned on.

as we have lisp I type 39, others 59 and 99 this 3 different osmode settings 99=15359