Dynamic Block Constraints

woodman78

Hi,

This is my first time playing around with constraints in dynamic blocks and I'm having some trouble. Hopefully someone can help.

The attached image shows a block of a speed ramp. I have a linear parameter in the middle of the block to stretch the block. When I stretch the block I want the triangles to be evenly spaced. I have setup constraints as shown. They are all linked back to d6 but d6 is locked. How do I unlock it so that it changes and the dims update?

Speed Ramp.jpg

Why does d6 not unlock? Looks like every distance is locked. What is included in the stretch? If you post the file someone will give it a look, I might have time later today.

I gave it a quick glance, still not sure what you want to move and stay. Looks like you may need a few constraints to lock your geometry. I will try to find some time, but we have a short work week and a full weeks work.

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in getting back. I was on Civil 3D training yesterday. Great course. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you had some time to have a look at it. Basically what I was trying to do was to be able to extend the block. In doing so the curves at either end would remain exactly as they are. The hatched triangles would be spaced evenly along the straight edge regardless of the length.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

So, you need to array the triangles as you stretch? This is a busy week for me, but hopefully someone else will give it a look. If not, it may be tomorrow or Monday before I can get to it. In the mean time you should read up on constraints and linear array parameter set.