light source mirror problem

liv-k

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my spotlight sources. I can't see a reflection of them neither in the mirror nor on my tiles. I can see the spot geometry but not the light source which in this case is a photometric light shaped as a disc.

Could anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance

test.jpg

This box is checked and the spotlight is visible as you can see in the attached image. It's the reflection of the light source that is not visible in the mirror or on the tiles. Can't find anything on that

When asking questions concerning rendering issues, it is important to specify which rendering engine you are using. Are you rendering with Mental Ray or Vray or something else?

Oh I'm sorry my fault. I'm rendering with Mental Ray and I'm using photometric lights as spots with a disc shape. If there's anything else I should specify just let me know.

thanks

I've been running some tests, but my photometric light disks always show up in the mirror. I've tried many different settings, but they always show up. I'm actually having a hard time trying to make them not show up.

In the shot you posted, it looks like maybe the lights are covered and/or pointing away from the mirror. Have you tried rendering from different angles?

When you set up the lights, did you change any of the default settings?

I'm not sure what else to suggest?

Have you tried running some tests in a new file to see if you get the same results?