How do you make Symbols on flow lines not rotate automatica​lly???

Gmalone12

When placing symbols on flow lines, How do you make them not rotate automatically? It seems so minor but its such a big headache! I've been messing around with it for a couple hours now and can't find the setting to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Gary

It's P&ID, and it automatically rotates when you place it on a vertical line where the text reads bottom to top. I just exploded it and it worked but if there is a setting I can change to keep me from having to explode this that will be great.

Are you using the Tool Palettes to gain access to the symbol? Is it merely a block? If so, have you tried right clicking the symbol and selecting Properties to see extra features the tool may have?

Yea I'm using the tool palette and I've tried looking through properties but no luck. It's ok though I will just explode them when I need to place it on a vertical line. Thanks for the help!

It sounds like dynamic blocks are being used.

It is not a good idea to be exploding them.

The order of the attributes can be changed.

• 3 years later...

this is an old one, but it seems like nobody had the answear here. so for does there is browsing about the same thing.

you can make it stop rotating, all you need to do is remove the point parameter inside the block, as they are the ones there is making it align with the line you are placing it on.

if this symbol, is a valve there has been added from the program it will proberly have these 2 Point parameters: AttachmentPoint1:EndCode0 and AttachmentPoint2:EndCode180

as you can see it is set to rotate in the programs coding with these text.

if any confusion, repley and i will try answear :)

if it is an standard, AutoCAD P&ID block, you edit it with right clicking on your project name and then take properties. now there will be a "tree" follow this path: P&ID DWG setting -> P&ID Classs Settings -> Engineering Items -> Equipment -> Pumps -> Centrifugal Pump

now you can see the properties and in the top you will see a preview of the block.

To the right of that preview the is some options, choice Edit Block.

now you can remove the 2 Point Parameters and it save. and this specific symbol will not rotate in the future.

NOTE! even if u regret what you have done, you can easy put the parameter ín again with the same names.