White box just appeared inside viewspace

edgley

HI,

I was just pdf-ing a whole load of layouts, when I noticed that the white box, shown in the screen shot, had appeared.

I have tried deleting it, but I cannot select it to get rid of it.

All I can think of doing is deleting each layout and doing them all again.

I have checked the pdfs I generated, and it does not appear on any of them

Thanks,

Simon.

Screen shot 2011-04-20 at 00.32.17.png

That looks like the sheet layout from a blank paperspace tab. If you are in model space and seeing that, it could be a video card aberation and a regen might fix it. If not, beats me.

I would have never seen that. I'm on a widescreen monitor so that little bit of information is way over in the bottom right corner of my screen.

Edgley, you might want to move that information to the left side of your signature to make it a little more apparent.

I would have never seen that. I'm on a widescreen monitor so that little bit of information is way over in the bottom right corner of my screen.

Edgley, you might want to move that information to the left side of your signature to make it a little more apparent.

I wouldn't have noticed it either, except it's right above the "reply" buttons.

That looks like the sheet layout from a blank paperspace tab. If you are in model space and seeing that' date=' it could be a video card aberation and a regen might fix it. If not, beats me.[/quote']

I agree. It looks like the paper sheet size is setup incorrectly. Right click on the layout -> Page Setup Manager -> Modify, change your paper size

Thank you for all the effort in trying to help me.

So, we Mac users don't have options the same as Windows. I can post a screenie if needed, but I cannot see the option display paper back ground.

I have tried changing the papersize options, and that doesn't remove it either.

I have even rebooted, only to find them all still there.

One moment the white square wasn't there on my layouts, then, when I got to the last couple of layouts I was trying to pdf, it just appeared.

I think I am going to put it down to one-of-those-things, remove all the old ones and added em again; joy.

Oh dear.

Just deleted all my layouts, and started doing them again.

And whoa, the white square re-appears. But I know what is putting it in there now, just not why.

I had created a page setup, that is set for A4, Extents and centre to page. I can then print the pdf on A4. BUT, then the white box appears on the layout, with the rest of the layout greyed out underneath. I have tried removing the page setup attached to that layout and even creating a new one, but I cannot get rid of it.

Bit more info:

Once I have attached the page setup and printed the pdf, the white box only appears when I move to a new layout and then return to the one I just printed.

If I manual set the options for the pdf, print, visit another layout and then return, it does not appear.

Guess I wont be able to save time by attaching page setups and will have to set the options manually each time. Oh well, at least its working :)

Oh dear.

Just deleted all my layouts, and started doing them again.

And whoa, the white square re-appears. But I know what is putting it in there now, just not why.

I had created a page setup, that is set for A4, Extents and centre to page. I can then print the pdf on A4. BUT, then the white box appears on the layout, with the rest of the layout greyed out underneath. I have tried removing the page setup attached to that layout and even creating a new one, but I cannot get rid of it.

Bit more info:

Once I have attached the page setup and printed the pdf, the white box only appears when I move to a new layout and then return to the one I just printed.

If I manual set the options for the pdf, print, visit another layout and then return, it does not appear.

Guess I wont be able to save time by attaching page setups and will have to set the options manually each time. Oh well, at least its working :)

IF you can find your way through the bug report on the Autodesk website (and that's a big IF, as difficult as they've made it) you might want to send it in. Sounds like you've found a big one here.