Not plotting Chinese text

tcoats

I have just received some drawings from a Chinese sister company and I need to plot them. I can see the Chinese text in the drawing and also when I do a plot preview they show correctly. But when they come out on the printer or when I try to make a PDF they just come out as crazy characters. See attachment.

I have received many drawings with Chinese text and never had this problem before. Any response that would be helpful is appreciated.

Tim

DWG-TEXT.pdf

I am guessing you have ALL the Chinese language packs, so my Guess is a printer problem. What might have changed since you last plotted Chinese characters?

SLW210,

I wondered if the plotter/printer might be part of my problem so I opened some of my older drawings with the Chinese text and printed them just fine. I have tried plotting both in paper space and model space with the same results of random characters. It seems that something is different in these 3 new drawings that I received today.

Tim

Do you get any messages about missing SHX files when you open the drawings?

Another possibility.

Are they using the same font as the ones that print? There are different fonts and also different Chinese languages. Maybe you could see if the text styles are the same.

ReMark,

I am replacing the missing SHX files with BIGFONT which allows the Chinese text to display correctly in the drawing as I see it on the screen.

SLW210,

The two different sets of drawings did come from different companies and they do have different text styles. Looks like I need to get the company that sent the drawings to provide their fonts and styles if they want me to help with their drawings.

Thanks,

Tim