Something Happened

Bill Tillman

I once again find myself at a loss as to why certain variables seem to get set to 0 or 1 without me knowing about it. Now it would seem that the variable which shows the length of the line and it's angle on the screen when I grab one of it's grips has set to disable. I do not recall doing anything that would have done this. Can anyone tell me which variable this is.

But more to the point is can anyone tell me why these variable get reset. AutoCAD crashed on me last night but I don't recall anything drastic happening. It restarted and recovered the files I was working on just fine.

OKAY I found it was dynamic input was turned off. This is not the first time it's been turned off without my knowledge. In fact I don't remember ever turning it off because it's my preference to use it. But I recall this is not the first time I've been working along and suddenly, poof, Dynamic Input is disabled.

Third party apps, lisp routines, a modified acaddoc.lsp, periods of resetting all your variables while in a hypnotic trance.

Best thing to do is set your acaddoc.lsp to set your variables as you like them, then they can all be set as you like, each time you open AutoCAD.

It's the autosave problem all over again. The only thing I can think of is to have a lisp routine that would monitor the system variable that controls that and have it notify you when it changes. Then you could identify what command or action causes it.

For instance, I found a routine (thanks to someone on this board, who also has another site, but I can't recall who it was) that will tell me when my autosave gets changed or disabled and will then reset it to a 5 minute interval. Turns out PUBLISH was turning it off.

Yea, I found that out the hard way too about AutoSave. Publish turns it off when started, then back on when finished. If you hit the escape key to get out of publish, cause you noticed that thing you didn't fix, Autosave is now disabled. Bad error handeling.