Putting ANSI Inch into the Hole Wizard menu

darco32

As the title says I am trying to get the ANSI Inch option in the hole wizard.Iam using a study book to teach myself and now the tutorial requires ANSI Inch .Any help as always would be appreciated.Btw I have tried the toolbox to no avail.

There should be a list of starndards in the Hole Wizard.

See image - maybe you just need to slide the right bar up to see.

Post a screen capture of what you do see.

ANSI Inch.png

JD i went through all of them.I will post a screen shot later on but it is not there.The only ANSI standard that is there is Metric which would normally be fine as this is what I use in every day life but I am trying to stay true to the tutorial.

As the title says I am trying to get the ANSI Inch option in the hole wizard.Iam using a study book to teach myself and now the tutorial requires ANSI Inch .Any help as always would be appreciated.Btw I have tried the toolbox to no avail.

I believe the hole wizard is tied into the tool box. When you configured the toolbox(if you have) you are given the option for which standards to install. Go to Tools>add-ins and check Toolbox. Then on the toolbox menu at the top configure your toolbox. On the first section(select hardware) make sure you have the Ansi Inch folder checked and see if that gives you the hole wizard option now.

JD I had already thought of that but the tutorial asks for a particular hole (1/4 inch binding head machine screw) and the examples are used later on in the book,hence why I would like to insert the option.

I have tried what you suggeseted Matt but to no avail.To be honest if there is no easy way it is not the end of the world.

Thanks guys.

The only thing i can think of darco is that during install Ansi was not added. Do you have your install CD? The place where I told you to go is how you configure the hole wizard. If you go to Tools>options>hole wizard/toolbox it takes you to the same place. You can look in your C:\Solidworks Data\Browser folder for the Ansi Inch folder. If its not there you will know it wasnt installed.