Change Linetype

jmerch

Is there an easy way (probably LISP) to globally change objects where the linetype is set to Bylayer, and change the linetype to whatever the actual linetype of that layer is?

(defun c:CLT () (c:ChangeLinetypes))

(defun c:ChangeLinetypes (/ ss layerItem lineType)
 (princ "CHANGE LINETYPES")
 (vl-load-com)
  (if
    (and (setq eName (car (entsel "\nSelect object on desired layer: ")))
         (setq ss
                (ssget "_x"
                       (list (setq layerName (assoc 8 (entget eName)))))))
     (if (and (setq layerItem
                     (vla-item (vla-get-layers
                                 (cond (*activeDoc*)
                                       ((setq *activeDoc*
                                               (vla-get-activedocument
                                                 (vlax-get-acad-object))))))
                               (vla-get-layer (vlax-ename->vla-object eName))))
              (= :vlax-false (vla-get-lock layerItem)))
       (progn
         (vla-startundomark *activeDoc*)
         (vlax-for x (setq ss (vla-get-activeselectionset *activeDoc*))
           (vla-put-linetype
             x
             (cond (lineType)
                   ((setq lineType (vla-get-linetype layerItem))))))
         (vla-delete ss)
         (vla-endundomark *activeDoc*))
       (prompt "** Layer is locked ** "))
     (prompt "\n** Nothing selected ** "))
 (princ))

Is there an easy way (probably LISP) to globally change objects where the linetype is set to Bylayer, and change the linetype to whatever the actual linetype of that layer is?

I can't quite make sense of your request. If an object already has its linetype set to BYLAYER, there is no need to change it. Perhaps I am not reading it correctly, but RenderMan seems to be on the ball.

I can't quite make sense of your request. If an object already has its linetype set to BYLAYER, there is no need to change it. Perhaps I am not reading it correctly, but RenderMan seems to be on the ball.

I agree with you; but I was bored, so I wrote it quickly anyways. LoL

Cheers! :beer:

I do appreciate the LISP RenderMan! I'll give it a whirl today.

There is plenty reason to change the linetype from Bylayer. When I clean up architectural files I get in, I take their 500 layers and narrow them down into 6 of my own. Where they have all the linetypes set to Bylayer, I want it to be whatever it was originally on. Example, they may have 3 different furniture layers where 1 has a hidden linetype and the other two don't. I put all these onto 1 layer of mine but want each object to keep it's linetype and not become my Bylayer.

Make sense?

I do appreciate the LISP RenderMan! I'll give it a whirl today.

There is plenty reason to change the linetype from Bylayer. When I clean up architectural files I get in, I take their 500 layers and narrow them down into 6 of my own. Where they have all the linetypes set to Bylayer, I want it to be whatever it was originally on. Example, they may have 3 different furniture layers where 1 has a hidden linetype and the other two don't. I put all these onto 1 layer of mine but want each object to keep it's linetype and not become my Bylayer.

Make sense?

The code I posted originally prompts the user to select an object, and results in all objects on that layer being modified. However, am I correct in my understanding that you are looking to open an external drawing, and simply modify all objects within that drawing (meaning for all layers)?

*IF* so, then I can improve the code I posted to no longer prompt you (the user) to select one layer at a time, and instead it (the code) will automatically implement this process for all objects (i.e., all layers) in sequence... your choice.

Yes, I noticed your code. I have a similar code that I run to change layers per selection (mine isn't visual and is just dummied down LISP for me). I think I would like to have the change linetype be a global process that I can run in an entire drawing....I wasn't going to bother you with it and was going to play around with it today, but if you're not busy and don't mind :D :D

Really appreciate it.

Yes, I noticed your code. I have a similar code that I run to change layers per selection (mine isn't visual and is just dummied down LISP for me).

No worries; we all start somewhere. :)

I think I would like to have the change linetype be a global process that I can run in an entire drawing....I wasn't going to bother you with it and was going to play around with it today, but if you're not busy and don't mind :D :D

Really appreciate it.

... Thought so; I'll post back the revised code shortly.

Another slow day... I apologize if I've stepped on your toes, Mat.

(defun c:LT2All (/ ss i data layer lst)
 (if (setq ss (ssget "_X"))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (entmod
       (append
         (setq data (entget (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))))
         (cond
           ((cadr (assoc (setq layer (cdr (assoc 8 data))) lst)))
           ((cadar (setq lst (cons (list layer (list (assoc 6 (tblsearch "LAYER" layer)))) lst))))
         )
       )
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

It's your responsibility to unlock your layers. :wink:

... Thought so; I'll post back the revised code shortly.

Another slow day...

I wasn't sure when I'd be done with my current task; Thanks Alan. :)

Separately (and offline?), you wouldn't want to share any pointers with me to help with my *pilot* "T" intersection corridor would you?

(^^ ya know, since you're slow and all :P ^^)

It's your responsibility to unlock your layers. :wink:

I think that's a prudent step; one that I should adopt as well (especially for forum code).

• 1 year later...