How To Draw The APC Logo in AutoCAD (HELP)

Hi can anybody help me to draw the APC logo below, I can't seem to draw the 'C' so it looks correct.

Is there a way to convert an image file logo (jpeg or bmp) to a DXF file so I can get that into CAD and then maybe scale it to fit?

Most programs do really bad conversions!

I have also attached the logo as a .ai file (Adobe Illustrator) which I got off the net but I can't do much with that as I don't have that program installed.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Bob

For something this simple, you should be able to attach the image and trace the letters over the image. That's more accurate than trying to do it by sketching. You may need multiple curves or an ellipse to handle the C.

Import your jpg to autocad, then scale it up really big. trace over it as CA suggests above, then scale it back to normal size. Sneaky little way to hide small imperfections, you see.

See if this will work for you. The blue APC's are copies, and the lower one is sitting on top of the original red one. If you need to fudge it around a little, the boundry is a polyline.

apc.dwg

Hi,

You can insert the image into the drawing, scale it up and use polylines and trace. The striaght lines like the A and most of the P, we use two points to create a line mostly the line start a little before and after the line, For the elliptical arc, mostly the C, it is best to draw a number of smaller yet same interconnected polylines. I believe you can use ortho lines as the jpeg is set horizontally.

You can also figure the angle and redraw but to locate the center of the arc would be real pain.

Regards,

Nicolas

Thanks everybody for all the replies.

Jack_O'neill saved the day with his conversion, it worked very well.

How did you convert it?

Thanks

Bob

Glad I could help Bob. Didn't do anything special. Just imported the jpg into autocad, scaled it up 20x, then drew around it. The curved portions are in many cases several arcs hooked together. Then I scaled it back down and did a solid hatch pattern. Took about 15 minutes to get it to look like I wanted it too.

Or as eldon suggested, you can zoom in really close, and accomplish the same thing.