Slice in solid

il0veaut0cad

Hello there.

I just want to ask if someone can teach me how to use the slice command. I'm really not that familiar with 3d. I've done a few but when it comes to roof, I always got stuck into that part. In fact I only heard about the command "Slice" here in Cad tutor. I'm practicing 3d with a house. I'm now on the roof part. And I wanna have this on solid. Coz I made this only by 3dface.

Here is the layout of the roof.

Thank you in advance!

Help.dwgHelp.dwg

I don't think you can use the Slice command if you made your roof completely out of 3DFaces. I think you would be better off using Solids.

I don't think you can use the Slice command if you made your roof completely out of 3DFaces. I think you would be better off using Solids.

I tried doing it out from solids and did the slice command. However, Whenever I input the points, I get a different result. I made a solid rectangle. I sliced it by default (3 points).

Edited by il0veaut0cad

Actually I meant that you should create your roof, as per its original shape, then do your slicing. I did not say to make a solid rectangle and use the Slice command to shape it.

The roof shown below was created using four 3Dpolylines, based upon your original geometry, that I lofted thus resulting in a solid.

Help with roof.jpg

Edited by ReMark

Oh... I thought I am going to be working this with a solid rectangle. and then slice it. omg. I'm so embarrassed right now. I should give this a try since I already have an idea.

3dpoly and a loft.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your response.

Oh... I thought I am going to be working this with a solid rectangle. and then slice it. omg. I'm so embarrassed right now. I should give this a try since I already have an idea.

3dpoly and a loft.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your response.

You're entirely welcomed. I hope your new idea works the way you want.