Drawing Names Switched on Title Bar

CyberAngel

Here's one I haven't seen before. Normally the current drawing's name appears in the title bar of the window, at the very top. I loaded one drawing, call it A.dwg. I loaded another, call it B.dwg. I switched between them a few times, so I'm not sure when or how this happened, but at some point the names got switched. When A was on the screen, the title bar said B. When I switched back to B, the title bar changed to A. I switched back and forth again just to make sure. When I closed one drawing, leaving one open, the correct title appeared.

I wouldn't call this a bug, but it makes you wonder. If something this basic doesn't work, how reliable are the advanced functions?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• CyberAngel

• Ace

• designerstuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you really love to find tricky problems, don't you?!

breaking AutoCAD on a regular basis since 1991

too true, too true!

• 1 month later...
It just happened again. I swear I am not making this up. I am using Civil 3D 2011 now with SP1.

I believe you. I was pretty sure it happened to me previously.

I just get ticked off when it only has "AutoCAD 2011" there when trying to open a new drawing from within AutoCAD. Makes it tough when opening one file after another and you do not remember the name of the last file you opened. :ouch: I can usually remember I am using AutoCAD 2011. :?

• 3 weeks later...

happened to me in ACAD 2012, thought I was seeing things, but nah, thankfully the eyesight is still intact.:lol:

no clue what caused it or if it will happen again.

I just get ticked off when it only has "AutoCAD 2011" there when trying to open a new drawing from within AutoCAD. Makes it tough when opening one file after another and you do not remember the name of the last file you opened.

Not sure what you mean here. Don't you have a list of recently opened files on your File menu (or in that pane with the big C)?

Autodesk should hire you.

Are you listening, Autodesk? I have programming experience, I'm even better at finding bugs than writing them, and I'm willing to relocate. Call me.

Not sure what you mean here. Don't you have a list of recently opened files on your File menu (or in that pane with the big C)?

Choose the open command, you get dialog box to browse to the file to be opened. At the top where the drawing name would be (AutoCAD 2011 Drawing1.dwg) it will only show AutoCAD 2011 no drawing name. Sometimes I need to know the name of the drawing I am currently in before selecting which drawing to be opened and my memory doesn't always work. It would be nice to leave the name of the current drawing up top. The name of the file remains on other programs like Excel.

Choose the open command, you get dialog box to browse to the file to be opened. At the top where the drawing name would be (AutoCAD 2011 Drawing1.dwg) it will only show AutoCAD 2011 no drawing name.

Well, hit my head and call me Shorty. I had never noticed that.

This same "quirk" happened again today. A possible clue--I had three drawings open at one point, then closed one, and that was when I noticed it. It's like there's a list of open drawings that it cycles through, and when the list gets out of whack, the names on the title bar do also. Sloppy programming.

I have also noticed that when I first open Design Center it indicates I am in Folders, but it shows Open Drawings. No matter how I leave it it opens like that. I have to select Open Drawings then Folders.:ouch:

And what the **** is this? It just started today. i went from paper space to model and an image of the Nav is tagging along for the ride.

• 4 months later...
I have also noticed that when I first open Design Center it indicates I am in Folders, but it shows Open Drawings. No matter how I leave it it opens like that. I have to select Open Drawings then Folders.:ouch:

The Design Center works properly since I deactivated the InfoCenter.

I also have not observed the name switching since I axed the InfoCenter.

Hey CyberAngel, have you seen this?

Let me just polish up my Portuguese and I'm there.

I seem to remember a thread on how to turn off InfoCenter. Of course you can't turn it off in the InfoCenter settings--that would make sense. You actually have to go into the Registry IIRC. "Sorry, Dave, I can't let you do that...."

HAL.jpg

Let me know if you notice any improvements. I actually haven't been paying attention to the drawing names lately, I am going to try to keep an eye on that, see if it still occurs and when.