Scales, viewports, millimetres, m, plottinc confusion.

Miniver

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miniver

• ReMark

• designerstuart

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

What annotative scales were you planning to use for your text? As far as I can tell there are none assigned in the stripped.dwg you posted above.

What size paper were you eventually going to use?

You may well find that doing both your dimensioning and text in your paper space layout will be easier, at this point in time, than working with annotative scaling in model space. One drawback is that if an object must appear in two different viewports, at two different scales, you would have to dimension the object twice. Using annotative scaling you would dimension the object only one, back in model space, and assign the different annotative scales to all the dimensions. When you switch to your layout and look at each viewport (even though they could be assigned two different scales) the text would display properly in both and when plotted all the text would be the same size.

Ok.

Thanks for that.

I've sort of started in modelspace tho. And cant really figure out how to do either properly

Ok.

Thanks for that.

I've sort of started in modelspace tho. And cant really figure out how to do either properly

Maybe this will help.

Dim Text in Layout.dwg

There are a couple of typos in the drawing. I'm in a rush to get something finished before I leave work. My apologies.

When it comes time to plot do so at a scale of 1:1 (1 mm = 1 unit). AutoCAD will handle the viewport scaling and each will plot according to the assigned scale.

Thanks for your help.

I'm just going to open it.

It's the best I can do for the moment. I must be on the road shortly. If you have further questions I'm sure one or more of the much smarter forum members here will assist you. Do not give up hope. I believe you can do it with a little guidance from us.

Hi,

Thats great thansk. Just what I needed to do but couldn't.

One small issue- Ive pasted some of my preious drawing into model space, slid them about in the viewports and now, when i dimension them on the red layer in paperspace the text is really tiny again. I didn't change any settings I think. Is there a way I can change the text size of measuremnst in paperspace?

haha 46 posts later..... that's gotta be a new record! :)smile.png glad we could help.

(remark - your patience is some sort of titanium alloy)

BEAKTHROUGH!

I am now dimesnioning and labelling just like a person with a pen! ;)

Thanks guys.

Did you finally complete the task? I'm assuming you realized that clicking inside a viewport meant you were actually working in model space and not paper space. Did you figure out how to unlock the display? Did you figure out how to adjust the size of your viewport? Finally, did you successfully print your drawing?

haha 46 posts later..... that's gotta be a new record! :)smile.png glad we could help.

(remark - your patience is some sort of titanium alloy)

I was only trying to make amends for the harsh treatment I subjected someone to in a previous thread. I would refer to myself as generally impatient.