Distorted Spline in AutoCAD 2012

ShaunModena

Babcock A3.dwg

Hi

Im having a problem with the spline around the BABCOCK company logo at the bottom of the drawing (in the title block). If you open the same drawing in AutoCAD 2010/2011 everything is correct, as soon as the drawing or the template are opened in AutoCAD 2012 the spline around the logo in incorrect.

Is there a know solution to resolve this as we cant change the template or all the old drawing one by one.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Hi

Does no one have a clue on how to solve this problem? Am i the first in the world to encounter it?

It appears that the advanced functionality for splines in AutoCAD 2012 is causing the issue. Fixing any specific instance of the problem is easy enough; just open the title sheet in the block editor and set the spline to “Show Fitpoints”. I haven’t found any command/variable method for forcing AutoCAD to do that automatically.

A good portion of my title blocks exist as Blocks in my template file as well,(though a lot of the elements are Xrefs). Perhaps it is time to set everything up as an Xref so I can prep for this type of issue.

As it stands now, if your archives all have the sheet as a Block, you may need some automated (autolisp or similar) solution to fix this. That is if AutoCAD does not have some built in mechanism.

Edited by SEANT