Faulty copy/paste in AutoCAD 2007 (no way to clear clipboard in ACAD?)

sbzatto

Hello,

I am using Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 and recently I have started to notice very strange behavior in the copy/paste process. When copying elements from one drawing into another, AutoCAD very often pastes not the element currently copied, but another different element that has been copied at some other time. The elements pasted are often blocks, and they do tend to change to ones that have been copied more recently, still the time when they were copied is often pretty long ago, 1-2 weeks. And the PC has been shut off in between, same goes for ACAD.

For example, even copying in the same .dwg file, 1 MText element and 1 Polyline copied result in not the same elements pasted, but a steel bracket drawn and copied several days ago, then copying that same 1 MText element and 1 Polyline result in a different steel bracket also drawn several days ago. Before that it sometimes pasted leaders that were copied at some point and element profiles.

I guess the short answer I am looking for is whether there is a way to clear up AutoCAD's clipboard, since it seems to store different elements in it, and sometimes paste them instead of the elements copied. This is not always only with blocks, so I believe it might have something to do with the way how Win 7 64bit interacts with ACAD 2007. I could only find one more thread with a similar problem in a different forum and that also had ACAD 2007 as the culprit.

Overall it seems to be a pretty unique problem, looking forward to what you guys have got to say.

EDIT: Also, I am using the shift + ctrl + c (copybase) function when copying. This doesn't occur with the _CO (copyclip) function, but that can't transfer files from drawing to drawing.

It is Windows that controls the clipboard not AutoCAD. Remember that AutoCAD is a Windows compliant program.

One simple solution would be to use a small utility program like Clear Clipboard. It can be found here...http://clipdiary.com/clear-clipboard/

How about just installing the Cut & Paste Hotfix from Autodesk? That would be the best solution, if you use 2007 without the Hotfix, others that use your files will not be able to Copy, Cut & Paste.

Cut & Paste Hotfix

pls i did'nt get any sloution pls help me final and clearly thanks

What methods (four were mentioned above) did you try that failed?