Layer Manager Problems

bodeganyc

Hi, I am having problems with my Layer Manager. Say I make a new layer and then freeze it or turn off in certain layer states, and save changes. The layer does not respond to this- it stays visible when I return to the drawing, and then when I go back to the Layer Manager it is no longer off as I had set it. No matter what I do I cannot get new layers to respond to the Layer Manager.

Welcome to CADTutor!

For drawings that you want to control with Layer States, I'd suggest that you set VISRETAIN = 1. :wink:

Thanks renderman. Unfortunately visretain is already set to 1. It's very strange. Layer manager just seems to ignore everything I tell it to do for newly created layers.

Thanks renderman. Unfortunately visretain is already set to 1. It's very strange. Layer manager just seems to ignore everything I tell it to do for newly created layers.

... and how 'bout those pesky Viewport Overrides? :unsure:

the thing is I'm not even using viewports at this point in the project. I'm just setting up existing, demo, and construction base plans and need the layer managers set accordingly. But it's not letting me do it

This is starting to sound like a custom routine implementing Layer Standards at drawing open (ACADDOC.lsp?)... Does this happen in all drawings, or just this one?

It's happening in all drawings as of today. never happened before I reset the profile last friday. I had to do this because every time I clicked on my layer manager it crashed autocad. So now that I reset the profile layer manager isn't crashing anymore but it's not really serving it's purpose either.

Perhaps I've overlooked your response... The (undesired) Layers and Layer States do not exist within your Template, correct?

What behavior is experienced from the Layer Properties Manager when you restore the OOTB default profile?

Edit - What code (if any) is in your ACADDOC.lsp?

As far as my template do you mean my Construction template, Demo template, Existing template, etc? If so the layers do exist there but I cannot turn them off. To be more exact I am able to freeze them or turn them off but then I return to the drawing and the layer is still there, and when I return back to Layer manager the layer is back on.

It seems to me that all this must be occurring because I restored my OOTB profile (to default I think).

I am not familiar with ACADDOC.lsp code so not sure how to answer that last one.

thanks so much for sticking with me here

I renamed your thread to better reflect your problem, it is now "Layer Manager Problems". Try to title your threads with more relevant terms, as you should receive more and better responses and the "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page will contain more relevant threads.