visibility states

mnewton

Is their a protocol for making a block with visibility states? I have not done this in a long time but I know the procedure for creating the visibility states but for some reason no matter how many times i adjust this one block i cannot get the this attribute definition to stop showing in visibility states. i have tried doing a showall and hiding this attribute manually over and over again and i cannot get the block to hold the info. it looks right in the block editor but as soon as i insert this block i can see the visibility state is not right. is their a procedure of how i set up a block like this so that the visibility states will work the way i want them too?

I think the block edit was changed for 2010 but with the earlier versions I never had consistent results with attributes and visibility states. I now always try to find a different way of doing it rather than get frustrated with it.

Ummm Well thank you but that was not really any help. I have tried a number of different methods of hiding and showing the objects with the same results. for some reason it only screws up with attributes and i dont know why. their has to be a way to make it work right. like selection or something to make a attributed block with visibility states work. i have done it in the past a few years ago. someone please help

my opinion is it's a glich in Autocad. I have the same problem sometimes.

But the good news is, by me writing this I'm subscribed to the thread so if someone does have a solution, I'll be notified too!