Text Atributes

how do i do this?

How would i insert a text atribute to a block that i have already made?

AND, does it give me the option to make the text vertical & horizontal before blocking it for use?

redefine your block using BEDIT to add your ATTDEF

AND yes

after redefining the block you will need to ATTSYNC to update existing blocks.

Please do this last stage, if you don't you WILL get into a right mess sometime in the future.

ok, so i have the text, but how do i set it so that when i double click the text, it will allow me to change its contents like an attribute?

If youre using this block in more then one place and want to be able to edit the displayed text then you should just make the text be an actual attribute as opposed to regular text or mtext. Then you would be able to double click on it and change the value like you want.

ok, so i have the text, but how do i set it so that when i double click the text, it will allow me to change its contents like an attribute?

did you add TEXT or ATTDEF as I said? If it was an ATTDEF a double click will allow you to change the value.

yes, i did and it worked. thankyou. i am not quite sure how to make a multi-line attribue though.. could you please walk me through the proccess?

Pick the attribute in the Block Editor and in the Properties Palette near the bottom there is an option for Multiple Lines Yes / No

ok so that hyperlink didnt help me at all, and the multi line thing on the attribute editor only allows me to write 1 line of text, without spaces.. i need to be able to have multi line attribute text and have spaces between words. is this possible???

the link was more of a side thought.

No spaces? That's odd. Do you mean in the Tag when creating the attribute? It's not until the attribute is created and the block is saved that you can edit the attribute.

can you upload your block here?

yeah, i have no idea how to do a multi-lined attribute of text whilst it is in a block.

the text i want attributed is on this link:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEQ5Q9IW

(please be patient with it, it takes 45 seconds)

ok so that hyperlink didnt help me at all, and the multi line thing on the attribute editor only allows me to write 1 line of text, without spaces.. i need to be able to have multi line attribute text and have spaces between words. is this possible???

You should get the MTEXT EDITOR when you select the [...] button.

I took the right column and made it an attribute with Multiple Lines. If the paragraph formatting is supposed to be set, they will all have to be separate attributes. If the spacing on each line is set for some reason, again, separate attributes.

On a side note, I would recommend creating your own text style instead of modifying Standard. Because when you insert the block to a new drawing it inherits that drawings text styles.

NOTES TO BE ATT 2.dwg