All objects in drawing not hiding?

Mason Dixon

Using the hide command and only some of the objects stay hidden while others do not and it changes with every mouse zoom click.

hide.gif

yes, no problems selecting anything....i will note that often times when I draw something it doesn't show up until i zoom out or in at least 1 click

hmm it does sound like a graphics / rendering issue to me.... someone who can advise you better than i will be along shortly!

The hide command is more of a temporary view of the model. Any zooms, pans will "unhide" the model. I've always turned off and frozen layers I don't want to see.

Patrick: Hide objects in 2010 and newer is different. It should hide indefinitely. I close and open drawings and the hide is still in place.

(your profile says you're still using pre 2000)

Edit: are we talking HIDE or HIDEOBJECTS?

Patrick: Hide objects in 2010 and newer is different. It should hide indefinitely. I close and open drawings and the hide is still in place.

(your profile says you're still using pre 2000)

Edit: are we talking HIDE or HIDEOBJECTS?

Thanks for that qball. I'm on r14 and I normally add a little disclaimer that things may have changed in newer releases. I'm aware of the hideobjects, and his question stated the hide command. I figured that that may not have changed - do you know if that is true or not?

I had never used the HIDE command, because I don't often do 3d in wireframe mode. So I didn't even clue into that until you mentioned it. So I may be out to lunch on this thread.