One .DWG file from Multiple .DWG files

vbauer

Hello to all, I am a newbie to the site. I have a question regarding the creation of a single .DWG file that will be used by a different software program. My current 'base' file is made up of multiple xref's and .DWG files. When I try the 'Save As' option the newly created file shows a blank screen. I tried including the xrefs with no luck.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell how to take a .DWG file that is built from many external files and create a new .DWG file that just has walls, windows, and doors displayed? I have been able to turn off the unnecessary layers but the new file shows a blank. :(

you can Bind the Xrefs.

However, SaveAs should retain the paths for the Xref's. But if you're sending it to someone else you will have to Bind, or send the recipient all the xref'd files. But then he will have to re-insert them, because they will be under a search path that is almost certainly unique to your computer.

I answered on your other thread, which sounds related. But after binding xrefs you would have to freeze the layers you don't want displayed. Or edit or explode the Blocks (xrefs become blocks when bind / bound) and isolate the layers and erase the ones you don't want.

You may want to see what type of path is used.

Hello to all, I am a newbie to the site. I have a question regarding the creation of a single .DWG file that will be used by a different software program. My current 'base' file is made up of multiple xref's and .DWG files. When I try the 'Save As' option the newly created file shows a blank screen. I tried including the xrefs with no luck.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Where are you saving? What type of information is the xref manager showing?