HVAC School project

Autocadstudent

Just so we are clear. Your geometry is in model space. Where is your text and dimensions? Are they in model space too? And how about your title block and border, where are they? Model space or paper space? If they are in paper space have you created a viewport?

Everything is in model space. I have not yet made a viewport. i have checked through my books to make sure i wasnt having a "moment". This is the first time they have stated "use a PLOTTING scale 1" = 1' and a LTSCALE of 12.

Where did the reference to paper space come in? It sounds to me like you'll be plotting from model space not paper space. Plots done in paper space are usually at 1:1 scale since the viewports are scaled separately.

You are correct, they didnt mention anything about paper space (never really do in this course). So that being said i guess it will remain in model space which still leaves me lost lol

When you go to the PLOT dialog box you will select the scale of 1"=1'.

I'm going for a motorcycle ride. Upon my return I'll check this thread. Good luck.

hi car..am a beginner to CAD...i just have problem in joining lines...how to combine many lines into single line? i used "PEDIT" command and also JOIN command....but i cant combine it. for ex combine the trapezium with rectangle, both of same size as base. i have attached a picture..how to combine it as single thing!!! pls help me

PrtScr capture.jpg

This particular thread is about a Penn-Foster student project.

PEDIT and JOIN usually work unless you have lines at different "Z" elevations or large gaps where your ends "appear" to meet.

Let's assume all lines are at elevation "0".

One option is to run the PEDIT command, type "M" (for Multiple), select all the lines then type "J" for JOIN. When prompted for a "fuzz distance" put in a large number (ex. - like "1") and see what happens.

It would go something like this.....

Command: PE

PEDIT Select polyline or [Multiple]: M

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 4 found

Select objects:

Enter an option [Close/Open/Join/Width/Fit/Spline/Decurve/Ltype

gen/Reverse/Undo]: J

Join Type = Extend

Enter fuzz distance or [Jointype] : 1.0

3 segments added to polyline

• 4 months later...

this plate at the end, (plate2) asks to figure out the area of the transition patterns youve created. how do you figure out the area? each separate piece or is there a special formula to do it?

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way I could get a sharper image of plate 1? I realize images have been posted but they lack the quality to really give me and idea whats going on. I would greatly appreciate it! Much obliged.

Pardon the delayed response! I just was curious about the labeling of the schedules. It clearly defines it in the booklet, but a clear image would work wonder. Thank you so much kind sir!

The schedules? There's only one isn't there? The supply register schedule. It is merely a table with five columns: Symbol, Size, CFM, Type and Location. Sounds simple enough.

• 3 weeks later...

That will be boring to copy plate A from the drawing they send to start the plate 1 project ,that wiil take all the time . That what we are going to do for plate 1 on HVAC ? Is any body has that already in place please

Thanks.

Are you saying that you do not want to reproduce the base drawing for Plate A to create Plate 1?

Are you asking if someone here will just give you a copy of their drawing instead?