Assembly Properties for Drawing Leader Text?

ecshclark

Instead of creating a BOM and ballooning the drawing there are times when I prefer to use a leader noting the description and part number of an item. I will insert a leader, and using the Format Text dialog box select "Properties-Model" that is under the "Type" heading. I'll then insert the properties "DESCRIPTION", and "PART" or any other property I wish to show in the leader text. This works great for models. But what if you have a sub-assembly? I see nothing that say's "Properties-Assembly". The leader attaches to model object line and always lists that model, even if it resides in a sub-assembly. The scroll through selector doesn't make a difference. Is there something I'm missing? Or is this feature just missing? The parts list and balloons will list sub-assemblies, why not leaders? Does anyone have a work around, program to do this?

Label Text--2.JPG

Label Text-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

At present, there is no workaround for this other than re-typing everything manually each time.

Unfortunate, really - there's many places that I could use that functionality.