Electrical Drafting School Project.

Autocadstudent

Car5858 i am doing the elctrical project now. i think i finished plate 1 and pl 2 is 50% i cant figure out the other half of pl 2.. Can you post the images of pl 1 and 2 to compare. this are my 2 plates. Thank you for your help.elec. pl2.jpg

elec. pl1.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Car5858

• Autocadstudent

• randy3081

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a good start:) be carefull with the arragment.

Plate 2 should look like this. Remember that everything should line up. Also it will be better if the background is black, it will reduce eye strain.

Make blocks of the symbols, these will become the legend, then its just a matter of copy and paste, with some rotation if needed.

project 8 p2.jpg

On plate one I think you are missing some components in the kitchen, may want to check that. Don't forget your legand.

Thank you car5858. i was worried about some outlets that were not connected to anything on plate one. I read the project booklet several times and did not find conections for some outlets. i will do the legand. thank you.

• 4 months later...

I am also working on this project, did you draw the lines and layout exactly like the drawing you were provided, or did you rotate things like the resistors for the purposes of fitting every thing on one sheet?

Car5858 i am doing the elctrical project now. i think i finished plate 1 and pl 2 is 50% i cant figure out the other half of pl 2.. Can you post the images of pl 1 and 2 to compare. this are my 2 plates. Thank you for your help.[ATTACH]27655[/ATTACH]:[ATTACH]27654[/ATTACH]

britt6875

Things may have changed, these drawings were done in 09. Refer to your instructions. Tere was one statement in mine about the sample drawings being distorted requiring you to correct them.

• 4 months later...

could someone please post a screenshot of electrical plate 1 for pennfoster. I have finished the floor plan and need help on how to start laying out the electrical.

Thanks

P-F Elec Plt 1.PNG

How's this look?

Disclaimer: I did not do the drawing. It is posted here with the permission of the author. I cannot answer specific questions about it either.

thanks remark. so the outlets are the same as the swithches? the circle with the two lines through them. i have been making the switches single pole.

No they aren't. The outlets are a circle with two lines through them as you stated by the switches look like a capital letter "S" with one vertical line through it. Kind of like this .

thanks again for your help mark. Do you only connect the switches to the lights? The outlets connection(wired) is not shown on this drawing? Are the exterior lights the same symbol as the interior lights?

I would have to take a closer look at the drawing in order to be able to answer your questions. I'll try to do that at some point but it won't be right away.

Edited by ReMark

Electrical symbols and abbreviations from the American National Standards.

http://resco.ws/pdf/electrical_symbol.pdf

For some strange reason I don't see a symbol for an exterior (wall mounted or soffit mounted light). I guess you could create your own and as long as it is shown in your legend it should be fine.

Another reference for you to look at: http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/sDetail/Div26Elec/SD260511-16.pdf

• 2 years later...

bego: Did you look at any of the threads here that deal with that particular project? What is it specifically that you are looking for help with?

I need help for project 9. The elective project about electical and electronic project. I just need to have an idea of how the installation will look like.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Bego!

Hey! Probably you already deleted the project 9 from P-F. But now i have a same problem like you a year ago.. If you still keep information about Electrical Elective project can you please share the screenshot or any helpful information about that.

Thank you!!!