3d modelling

rebel07

Look around. Make the 3D model of your monitor, your cell phone, usb-penn drive... render the model and compare the result with the original object.

fuccaro said was right...look around.....imaginaton.....learn d'basic stuff....practise and practise,and d'skill will follow..:)

the best part of it,this forum give u plenty enough things to tweak and learn....:thumbsup:

i learn from many people here..Remark (when he was still doin post in showcase stuff :P),Fucarro,Fahim (miss this person..:D) and many more..and yeah cadTutor/admin he rocks!!

so start practise ma friend..:thumbsup:

You can always pick up an engineering drawing/drafting book and start drawing some of the objects depicted. For example, Spencer's Basic Technical Drawing" is a good reference book to have in one's library.

Thank you all... ideals are really good and i hv started working on it... but nw i got another problem... i m trying to make chess set and i m not getting were:cry:... has anyone ever made chess set in autocad and guide me on this plz!!

Start with either a pawn or a rook (a.k.a. - castle). You can create a profile then use the Revolve or Sweep commands to end up with the final object.

Take a look at the following thread. Then scroll to the bottom and notice there are other Similar Threads re: chess and look at those too.

You do have an actual chess set to work from (measure, etc.) right?

Do you know how to reorient the UCS for working in different planes? Are you familiar with Sweep, Extrude, PressPull, Union, Subtract, and the other 3D editing commands?

Have you checked out the tutorials at JDM's website?

yeh i m familiar with all those commands. no i hvn't checked JDM's website but will now...

Thank you for all very useful information.

As you finish each piece post an image so we can all admire your handiwork. Looking forward to seeing what you can do. Good luck.