Please Help"The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded" Error

FieldGuyonCAD

My computer crashed and IT just installed new Autocad 2011. When I enter the ribbon command I get the message "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

I know this must be an easy fix but please help me so I do not have to call IT back!!

Thank you very much

Make sure the main menu is loaded (Acad.cuix).

Type in MENUNAME at the command line to check the current menu name.

Type in MENU to load a menu file.

When I type in menu the only 4 I can load are

ac11base

acad11tb

cs11base

cs11base.bk

any ideas?

Try starting ACAD with a new profile. Modify a shortcut with "/p new" (no quotes) at the end of the target line.

I am not sure where to input the /p new command

Also I have a attached a screen shot of the image too...please let me knowCADwtf.jpg

Try starting ACAD with a new profile. Modify a shortcut with "/p new" (no quotes) at the end of the target line.

FYI -

In order to load a specific profile from the Application Icon, simple add the /P switch to the Icon's Target Property:

"C:\Program Files\[color=red]<InstallFolder>[/color]\acad.exe" /p "[color=red]MyCustomProfile[/color]"

More information on AutoCAD Startup Switches.

Also I have a attached a screen shot of the image too...please let me know

You are running Carlson Software, which hijacks the AutoCAD menu system replacing the defaults with Carlson's - and on top of that, they do not define any Ribbon tabs or panels in their menus.

So what you are seeing is normal in the Carlson world. You should be able to change profiles to get back to the normal AutoCAD menus, but your Carlson stuff may not work unless you are in their profile.

My computer crashed and IT just installed new Autocad 2011. When I enter the ribbon command I get the message "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

I know this must be an easy fix but please help me so I do not have to call IT back!!

Thank you very much

Verrry interresting - but can't help :oops:: this message appeared when I tried to open Architecture 09 about the same date. However my pc had not crashed and I don't run Carlson sw. I tried 'repair' but eventually had to 'reinstall' so losing my (few) customisations.:x:x