Create a BOM for list of Xref?

arzie2000

I'm quite new with the BOM thing with Autocad, though I have used xref a lot. Is there a way to create a BOM or at least a list/table of the xrefs I have attached to the drawing with the number of times used or occurrences in the drawing? The drawing I made have about 50+ xrefs and some of it is attached more than once, if i'm going to use the AMPARTREF, and made a reference on an xref, i have to input the quantity manually. Is there a way to automate this?

I guess so, doesn't all versions of autocad have bom?

I wish plain AutoCAD had BOM. I will move your thread for you. It has been 4 years since I used Mechanical and I cannot recall much about it.

• 9 months later...

ACAD is using X-ref workflow. In AutoCAD Mechanical, the workflow is slightly different. You may insert part reference and there is an Attach... button. Press this button and you may attach a external drawing which contains a BOM(not empty).