Convert multiple circles into points

LEIGH

Hi all.

I have recieved a CAD file which has just over 1000 circles.

I need to convert all the circles to points.

Autolisp is over my head - can anyone help?

Thanks

Set your Osnap to Centre. Start the command "point" and click away. You will be done in about twenty minutes. :D

Unless some kind soul writes a lisp routine for you, but then you would have waited longer than twenty minutes. :cry:

I've been looking all day at this.

It seems I need a lisp to: select all circles, then either replace the circle with a point, or insert a point into the circle.

Either or, it doesn't matter which. Can anyone help.

I found:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Extract-Point-Data-CALLING-ALL-LISP-GURUS/m-p/885377

which would be fine in a way, but it converts circles to blocks, not points.

A little stuck now?

Set your Osnap to Centre. Start the command "point" and click away. You will be done in about twenty minutes. :D

Unless some kind soul writes a lisp routine for you, but then you would have waited longer than twenty minutes. :cry:

Thanks for your reply.

Thing is, I will be getting more drawings - which would be around 6000 circles, plus what ever drawings this year I have to work with.

If you have found something that converts circles to blocks, then you could edit the block to make it a Point.

I am afraid that my first reply might have seemed a trifle flippant, but perhaps you should have been posting in the Lisp section of the forum.

If you have found something that converts circles to blocks, then you could edit the block to make it a Point.

I am afraid that my first reply might have seemed a trifle flippant, but perhaps you should have been posting in the Lisp section of the forum.

Ah, i didnt know there was a lisp section.

I'll have a look now. Thanks

• 4 years later...

Search the Internet for a program C2P - It converts all Circles in the drawing to Points Instantly - I use this program frequently.

Search the Internet for a program C2P - It converts all Circles in the drawing to Points Instantly - I use this program frequently.

Vikas Kulkarni

Pune

India.

• 4 years later...

You can explode the circles until you have two half-circles.

Those have two points, left and right. Export those points to csv and open with excel.

After that use formula to calculate the avarage coordinate from each first two set of X and Y (as seen in image).

Remove the spaces in between and make a new point file.

Import that file in CAD and check if it is the center, and you're done.

P.s. this will mess up your work if there are individual single points in the export that are not part of the half circle

Image:
https://ibb.co/kctR1xs

11 hours ago, Mwolthuis said:

You can explode the circles until you have two half-circles.

Those have two points, left and right. Export those points to csv and open with excel.

After that use formula to calculate the avarage coordinate from each first two set of X and Y (as seen in image).

Remove the spaces in between and make a new point file.

Import that file in CAD and check if it is the center, and you're done.

P.s. this will mess up your work if there are individual single points in the export that are not part of the half circle

Image:
https://ibb.co/kctR1xs

Do you realize that the last post on this thread was 4 years ago? AFAIK you cannot explode circles.