Merk1b2

Hi!

I have recently ordered a HP dv7 laptop with the following specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

i7-2630 QM

8GB of RAM

2GB ATI 6770m

@ 1920 x 1080.

I was wondering if it could handle applications such as 3ds Max 2012, AutoCAD 2012, Google SketchUp 8 Pro, and Photoshop without much trouble.

Thanks! :)

Edit: Wow, I completly zoned out when typing the title.

Oh yeah, you can run all of that :) I run ACAD, Google SketchUp, and Photoshop on a computer with less than that.... I'm actually quite envious of your specs... :lol:

Oh yeah, you can run all of that :) I run ACAD, Google SketchUp, and Photoshop on a computer with less than that.... I'm actually quite envious of your specs... :lol:

The laptop was quiet expensive but since a 30% coupon was available I just had to take the offer. I saved around $600!

What version of Win7 did you end up with just out of curiosity? System specs look good.

Home Premium.

I had Professional Win 7 on my desktop and Professional on XP. Never found the need for either of them and I got a discount buying OEM's.

• 1 month later...

Merk -

I am looking into getting the same laptop (HP dv7t) with the following relevant specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2nd generation Intel Quad Core i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz

1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M Graphics

8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

17.3" diagonal HD+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)

From this thread, it seemed as though you would be able to run Google Sketchup (which is what I use - not AutoCad) without any issues. However, when I was flipping through the HP reviews, I noticed (interestingly enough) that a user with the name Merk (I assume you) said a few days ago that the laptop's graphics drivers were causing issues. If this was you, can you confirm? Is it having problems with Sketchup? Have you resolved the problems?

I use Sketchup quite a bit and thought this laptop would work great. And others have said it did, so I was just wondering what the issues were.

If you can get back to me ASAP, it would be much appreciated!!