Asme/ansi 14

RJ600RR

I haven't looked at the ASME/ANSI standard yet, but was wondering...is there actually any title block sizes/layout that are industry standard that we should all be following? i know there are dimensional standards, but is the title block or border effected in any way?

i think this thread should be posted somewhere and not here since all questions here are of autocad, you should be consulting the national building code of the area where your from since that will depend on the regulations set by your local government units. our building code here details the standard title blocks that should be followed nationally.

the thing is, we dont work with local building codes like city or state regulations. the company i work for is an international drilling contractor for both in-land and offshore. one of our engineers stated that we should conform to ANSI 14 standards which is ok and we need to follow geometric dimension and call-outs stated by ANSI/AMSE...but is our title block (and anybody else's) subject to any standard or regulation?

I run across tons of title blocks from vendor and 3rd party engineering companies, but really it seems like they do what they want to do :/

oh, we work in autocad and inventor, so I just thought someone on here may have run across this before

I would doubt very much that some entity is going to enforce a title block "standard" on any one. I can certainly see where other standards (linetypes, lineweight, symbology, etc.) might be called for however.

Look into the Uniform Drawing Sytem (UDS) it should everything you need on industry drafting practices and standards.

i would agree with remark, how could some entity enforce a title block standard, as you noticed on your research, they (other companies) pretty much do what they want. but i'll check what daniel said..I'll check on what DAniel said, im pretty much interested myself. lol..