More AutoCAD 2011/Win 7 Bugs....

SLW210

Lately, my palettes keep coming undocked even though they are locked.

Today I saved this file 5 times and still the old date remains (I also worked on it yesterday and last week and saved).

Still saving plot logs also, even though I have that turned off.....:?

As far as the undocked palettes go, have you done a WSSAVE first, then restart the application? :D

Edited by tzframpton
misspelled command

As far as the undocked palettes go, have you done a WSAVE first, then restart the application? :D

Yes sir....it is an intermittent problem, just weird...:?

Curious....

The file you're attempting to save... is it read only?

The work you've done, was it saved, despite the lack of change in systime?

As for the docking issue, I've not experienced that. We use the /b switch to load a script which force-loads our personal workspace (the SCR is stored on our personal network space).

Curious....

The file you're attempting to save... is it read only?

The work you've done, was it saved, despite the lack of change in systime?

As for the docking issue, I've not experienced that. We use the /b switch to load a script which force-loads our personal workspace (the SCR is stored on our personal network space).

As far as the save goes all was well with the saved drawings, I just happened to noticed that the date hadn't changed for a week, though the drawing had been updated and saved a few times. That drawing was finished and plotted yesterday and this morning the correct date is present. Might be Win 7 related? :?

I still haven't figured out the workspace palette problem, as you see in these images the workspace is loaded and All Locked. :? Toolbars and all else seem to be there, just no docked palettes. Now I have it all set up (AGAIN) and saved with a different name, I will see if that helps.

Might be Win 7 related? :?

If so, then I can no longer be of help, as I am still working off of WinXP. Win7 is coming later this month (I believe?).

I still haven't figured out the workspace palette problem, as you see in these images the workspace is loaded and All Locked. :? Toolbars and all else seem to be there, just no docked palettes. Now I have it all set up (AGAIN) and saved with a different name, I will see if that helps.

Just to test....

Make a copy of your Application Icon (rename as needed).

In the Icon's Properties, add the /b switch to the Target:

"C:\Program Files\[color=red]<YourInstallLocation>[/color]\acad.exe" /p "[color=red]<YourProfile>[/color]" /b "[color=red]<FilePath>[/color]\[color=red]<FileName>[/color].scr"

I'd suggest something like this for the contents of the script:

workspace
c
;;Map
;;Civil Design
;;Land Desktop
;;Land Desktop Complete
;;Survey
[color=red]<YourWorkspaceHere>[/color]

^^ Copied from my Land Desktop 2009 script, please ignore the irrelevant options. We included them, as this is a user file, so that the user can specify what workspace they want to force load at startup.