FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fcdba49dh

Mauser

*potential solution for the error described below was to switch my Win7 desktop theme from an Aero theme to a basic theme, I chose classic. I am able to click the "open" icon on the toolbar over and over without triggering the error. If I switch back to Aero themes, the first click on the "open" icon triggers the error. Hope this helps.*

This error:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fcdba49dh

had been occuring every once and awhile the past couple months, but in the last week it has started to happen all the time. Typically it's when I am working on one .dwg and click the "open" icon to open another drawing. Same thing when I go File-Open. I think it has happened out of the blue while drawing but have been unable to trigger it during testing. *edit* after trying many times, I seem to be able to use the command line "open" to get to other files without triggering the error.

Autocad 2010 64bit installed

Win 7 64 bit

Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (as displayed in Programs)

I mention framework because many similar errors (but not the exact same) have been linked to Net Framework.

There is no match for this exact error on the Autocad help forums, so here I am.

Thanks

Gus

Edited by Mauser
more info

Well, the one thing that link supports is the suggestion that these types of errors may be linked to a damaged .dll file, see link below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9450349&linkID=9240817

The only other similiar description of my error I did find on the Autodesk site which is described as:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/FATAL-ERROR-Unhandled-e0434f4dh-Exception-at-7c812a5bh/td-p/2679375

*edit* also sounds similar to this problem, which is addressed by some regisrty editing:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/FATAL-ERROR-Unhandled-e0434f4dh-Exception-at-7c812a5bh/td-p/2679375

While none of these match the exact description of my error, they all seem very similar.

I would first search for the problem something like "File Open Fatal Error" on Autodesk or CADTutor etc. forums and "AutoCAD File Open Fatal Error" on Google, Bing, etc.. Then search for the FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fcdba49dh info if you can't solve the problem.

I searched all those and found tons of info. Pretty much just a few solutions. Follow the advice on repairing the registry or do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Are you running any registry cleaners? What about your Virus protection?

You found tons of info other than the 3x links I posted for you? Could you link me to that additional helpful information other than the registry solution I already posted?

I have the registry open but have not made the change yet. My Hiword value is set to '0' while my Loword value is set to '4dde549e' which I could change to '0', if I understood the solution correctly.

I've uninstalled - reinstalled.

No registry cleaners running, antivirus is Avast V.5.0.677

Thanks for your help so far!

Tried the registry edit, error still occurs.

Have determined that it's only the toolbar "open" icon that triggers the error.

I can ctrl+o and use the command line "open" over and over without the error, but anywhere from the 1st to maybe 6th click of the toolbar "open" icon triggers the error.

Glad you figured it out. I have turned all my Win 7 extras off.

You should update your computer details, some, myself included look on the profile and computer details for info, sometimes forgetting what was written in the first post.

Ahhhh I see what you mean, I totally forgot that I had included that system info in my profile. Will update to reflect my new system, thanks for the heads up.