Quick Properties - customizing menu for blocks

RScos

Hello I am running AutoCAD Map3D 2010. And was previously running AutoCAD LT 2009.

I am trying to adjust to the "Quick Properties" menu in reference to a block.

In my previous version of CAD I found a way for the quick properties to show any editable attributes that are set to the block. For instance I have a block for a bookcase that when inserted the user is asked to define the height and style. In ACAD LT 2009 when I selected a block in the drawing the quick properties menu popped up (if turned on) and showed these editable fields for quick reference and changes.

However, now in this new version of CAD that my work got, I cannot seem to find anywhere to turn these options on in the "quick properties" customizing menu.

I have attached screen shots from both AutoCAD LT 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 showing the properties menu and quick properties menu open while the same block is selected.

If anyone can help me out with where I might be able to turn this feature on I would be greatly appreciative.

QuickRef01.jpg

QuickRef02.jpg

Thanks

Thank you for your response. However I have been through _CUI and even with the Attributes option checked off it still does not display the attributes in the quick properties menu.

The drawing and the block are the exact same just opened in different versions of CAD. However, in the 2009 image, the attributes show up under menu called "attributes". Where as in 2010 it comes up showing under a menu "Block:Black_name". And I can’t find anywhere in the _CUI menu that references a “Block:block_name” menu. Could this be why the attributes are not editable of the "quick properties" options?

QuickRef_ACLT2009.jpg

QuickRef_ACMAP2010.jpg

I apologize I should have been clearer in my original post, explaining this. :oops:

If anyone still has suggestions please let me know.

I do not have Map3D and it looks like this may be a Map3D specific question.

I have moved this to the MAP3D forum.

I do not have Map3D and it looks like this may be a Map3D specific question.

Confirmed, it's a MAP3D issue still in 2012 BTW.