Adding materials to a 2d drawing?

Hi

Is it possible to add materials to a 2D drawing? I'm working on a floor plan and would like to add flooring materials to it but not sure how or if this is possible? :unsure:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polly64

• ReMark

• Cad64

• nextvkin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No exactly although someone here recently outlined a way of using hatch patterns and gradient to sort of give the effect you are looking for. Just can't recall which thread that was at the moment.

Thanks, ReMark! :)

I saw a plan drawing somewhere and the rooms all had different coloured materials which looked quite realistic... I'll scroll through the threads and hope that I find it. But thanks anyway...:wink:

Ok...let me ask what might be a daft question....can you transfer materials from sketchup to drawings on done with Autocad 2009? Or would I have to draft everything again using sketchup?

I can't tell you exactly what you would be able to bring over from Sketchup into AutoCAD re: materials. Maybe you can but would them be editable?

Will try and download Sketchup this weekend and try it out. But it makes sense that it might not be editable.... No harm in trying though....

Thanks, ReMark! :) Thats exactly what I need.... :D Don't know how you managed to find it cos I spent ages trawling through the threads yesterday! Will see if it works on plan drawings....

@ ReMark,

I figured out how to insert the materials onto a 2D drawing thanks to the thread you found for me....BUT I have a problem (when don't I???). I've tried various materials and they all come out too large for the surface area. Is there a way of scaling the image to fit the size of the room in the case of floor tiles, for example?

I used the superhatch command.... I've tried dividing the room into sections and using superhatch to insert the materials into each section. It looks abit better but I'm not thrilled with the overall result as the dividing lines show and I can remove them without removing the whole insert itself. I've temporarily solved that problem by changing the colour of the lines to match the colour of tiles. Do you know of a way of scaling the insert to fit? or is this the only way I can do it?

Are you working with an image or a block?

Have you tried clicking on the object and then going to Properties and changing the scale there?

I'm working with image as it got too long winded when I tried using block. Will see if it works going on Properties...

I've just tried it.... if I scale it down, it obviously gets smaller but then it doesn't fit in the room! I tried stretching it to fit the room(I'm desperate!) but it didn't work.... I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere....

I'd have to experiment with the procedure. There isn't too much call for this type of rendition in my line of work.

Sorry for the hassle. :( if you're busy, please don't waste time on it.... I really appreciate your help but I don't want to take time away from your own work. Don't worry, I'll keep fiddling around til I find a solution. The reason I'm trying to do this is so that I can finish off some drawings for my Interior Design course.

Unless I had the drawing and the image that is causing you so much grief right in front of me there is little in the way of valuable help I can offer at the moment. Sometimes a "hands on" approach works better than a conversational one.

I've already taken up alot of your time....but if you really have the time to waste, I'll try and send you the drawing but I'll have to do it tomorrow as I've got to start working on dinner now! The highlight of my day.... Thanks again.....I really appreciate your help. :)