• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• endlasuresh

• shift1313

• JD Mather

• clydemit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am learning through it and it is easier to do however the fonts in video looks very small compared to the normal videos and you have been drawing too fast.Ill get back by tomorow after completion.thanks for the help

Okay so the error is telling that either your sketches arent closed, or there are multiple profiles. You will need to convert your reference lines and centerlines to construction. Go into the help menu in solidworks and type in "construction line" and look at the "converting sketch lines to construction geometry".

hi matt

I did mistake at this construction point and in the video you showed their somethng like perpendicular icon you clicked.I am missing at this checking construction line.When i drawn the top and the line property box was closed.Ill try again and see if i get problem and let you know.

I have drawn the outer wheel but this spokes are getting problem in doing.you have drawn a line with spline but when i drew from the middle to the outer circle it bends as it wishes.

ill show my images here which i drawn

wheel-1407.html

http://www.startlol.com/suresh/wheel-1408.html

wheel2-1409.htmlwheel2-1409.htmlhttp://www.startlol.com/suresh/wheel2-1409.html

can you tell me how to end the spline point.When i touch the other end using spline it is breaking the shape what i needed

Edited by endlasuresh

Hey suresh, Did you go through the link on the first page where i talked about spline control and what the handles do?

The way you have drawn your wheel on the outside(where the tire goes) you will not be able to mold this. The way I drew it with a single lip in the middle would still allow you to do a simple straight pull mold. To mold like you have drawn will also require side pulls and a slightly different approach to modeling it.

I again went back and read them now i understood some part of it and i did as you did in the tutorial video.now the problem is i want the exact length between two points of the spline either end or start point.should i use dimension to adjust them also i want 12 spokes out of the 6 should be filled with material and 6 empty.As i showed previously the sample image which had 10 spokes 5 with material which is red color.

As for the mold i am doing only hand mold die as i dont have much production with this component.yes as what you said they were correct as for the drawing you did and for my drawing it needed side pins to pull or close the cover plate.

I had those samples with me. ill post them without rubber tyre by tomorrow.

I played with this tools daily and have been getting several ideas for revolving and now with spline.

I drew a spoke with spline but i want to get a mirror for that.i mean if i drew half of the leaf then i can copy it to other side.

also please check my gear thread i need one worm and spur gear to design

Did you figure this out suresh?

The number of spokes is done just by changing the number in your feature pattern. That should be no trouble at all.

For the shape of the spoke you dont have to use a spline. You can use arcs. You can dimension these however you want. Typically placing some construction lines in your sketch will help simplify things. The way in which you dimension things needs to be based on how you want to update it. Below is a way to dimension it using arcs and construction lines.

wheelSpoke.jpg

matt

I tried by using arcs but the shape is breaking when i was ending on another point it goes to another shape.In spline we click right click to end.

you can see this video

hi bhamze i already watched but the die was under process.I asked only the arcs which are breaking at the other end point when i was drawing.please see my video how they are changing the shape when i touch at the other end.

Suresh, you have to give your sketches relations or dimensions. What is probably happening is you are getting an auto-constraint which is snapping your arc like that. After you place the start and end points of the arc, hold down the CTRL key when placing the 3rd point. This will temporarily disable auto-constraints.

• 3 weeks later...

draw one leaf and center hole then do the polar array to 5 numbers and 360 degrees,

draw outer two circles and extrude it to both sides from mid plane.