drwing wheel in solidworks

endlasuresh

I am back after so many days anyway i was trying to draw this wheel.can somebody tell me how to draw those arcs which in center.thir are five buti need six arcs to be drawn.

?di=80EF

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• endlasuresh

• shift1313

• JD Mather

• clydemit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loft following arced rails on spoke.

Then circular pattern.

Zip and attach the file here of what you have been able to complete so far.

here is the file i am not getting what you said to draw those curves.are their any examples like that.I searched earlier but could not aboe to get examples or tutorials.

wheel.zip

You are doing too much work.

Leave out the portion between the hub and the wheel where the spokes will go.

Revolve the wheel profile rather than all of those Extrudes.

Are you familiar with the Loft feature?

I will remove the hub and i am not familar with solidworks.I did lofts earlier but not too much like my own drawings or shapes.

leave that wheel and can you tell how to draw those arcs on square plate ?

it looks like no replies.

can some body tell me atleast to draw lines inside the circle instead of those arcs.The distance between the lines should be exact.I am thinking it is automate through circular pattern but still unable to draw.

Here is one method. I revolved the hub and outer portion of the rim, then drew the spoke. In a case like this the part would be a simple injection mold so i would extrude from the midplane like i did only with a draft angle. I tried to keep the file simple so it could be uploaded. Take a look at the file and let me know what questions you have.

SW Simple Rim (2).zip

it looks like no replies.

Something like this?

(Feature tree is saved in a rolled up state in attached. Pull down the bar to reveal the feature history.)

Wheel.jpg

Wheel_jd.zip

hi matt

I have got more help from you about learning solid works and the file you attached i am unable to open i think you are using 2011 version can you please make it for 2010 version.

jd mather

yes that is what i am planned to be drawn and when i used to open your file it says the file is for instructional use only.

I just realized that I might have made my example more difficult than it needs to be with the loft. I was thinking a elliptical cross section profile (Although I use rectangular). Looks from the picture like it might be a simple Extrude. I'll try to post some pictures when I get a chance - but if it is an extrude this should be trivially easy to figure out.

hi matt

I have got more help from you about learning solid works and the file you attached i am unable to open i think you are using 2011 version can you please make it for 2010 version.

cant go back in solidworks it is not possible when you open a files then save it is stuck in that year of .sldprt

cant go back in solidworks it is not possible when you open a files then save it is stuck in that year of .sldprt

I searched in google before posting and the answer was same as you said.can you tell me what shall i do?

I searched in google before posting and the answer was same as you said.can you tell me what shall i do?

You can upgrade to 2011 or just ask him for screenshots of the sketches which would help you make the part. But other then that i can think of anything. Sorry.

hi matt

jd mather

yes that is what i am planned to be drawn and when i used to open your file it says the file is for instructional use only.

Sorry but there is no way for me to save it as a previous version unfortunately. If i get the chance later I will take some video of the process for you.

I will wait for your tutorial.I have searched on the net but theirs not one atleast.

clydemit

Do you know gear designing by using measurements.I searched for this too but Their are no answers and i am not a good searcher too.can you help me to draw this gear

• Number of teethes: 25
  • Outer Diameter: 40mm
  • Inner Diameter: 33mm
  • Gear thickness: 13mm

Sorry suresh I didnt have the time this weekend to do this. The part is fairly simple. The hub and outside edge of the wheel were done in a revolve. The "spoke" was done as an extrude using splines to define the curve.

http://www.solidworkslessons.info/#!__sketching-spline

For drawing a gear you will need more information than that. What kind of gear are you trying to draw? I suggest starting a new post with an appropriate title so people in the future can search for it. Please provide the info you have here plus any additional info about the type of gears.

I will wait for your tutorial.I have searched on the net but theirs not one atleast.

clydemit

Do you know gear designing by using measurements.I searched for this too but Their are no answers and i am not a good searcher too.can you help me to draw this gear

clydemit

I have not really had to do any gears where i work but i did them in college i could do a basic one but would need more information in the end. I need to know what kind of teeth they are and what kind of gear it is. ( try the user library in solidworks you have to sign up but it is worth it

I have readed your tutorial but spline is breaking angle of arcs.i am not getting an ide how to use this spline for that arcs.I have did it through tangent arc but this too not looking good.wheel.jpg

suresh, i made a video of this that im producing right now. I should have it uploaded shortly. I didnt spend much time on the actual shape of the spokes or any detail but i wanted to get you the info on how to draw this thing with some draft on it since you mentioned molding this thing. Im limited to 10-12 min videos for what im doing but if you need more detail/info just ask and i will try to elaborate on the video.