Rename layers and/or combine entities on those layers onto a new layer lisp

kam1967

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen a routine that combines items from multiple layers and putting them into one? For instance, transferring entities from EXISTINGLAYER1, EXISTINGLAYER2 and EXISTINGLAYER3 into a new NEWLAYER1.

I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Thanks, SLW210. I tried that command laymrg. It looks like it's possible only if all the layers already exists in the drawing..

Thanks, SLW210. I tried that command laymrg. It looks like it's possible only if all the layers already exists in the drawing..

You might be able to create a Macro or script that would create a layer first then laymrg and prompt for selection.

Since the entity is already existed in a drawing , that means it should have a layer name . Is not it ?

After rereading, I believe he wants to place several existing layers onto a new layer.

Thanks, Alanjt. I want to be able to do this through a command line (more like a script fashion) in that it does not need user interaction. If I have a large scale layers to work with, your idea would be the one I'd go with.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with the old routine that I had and modified it to do what I need it to do.