how can i do this red line?

bryanpiczon

:cry: how can i draw this red line in autocad, its an arc from point 1 to point 3 in spherical 4 side segment? point 1 to point 2 to point 3 to point 4 closing the segment at point 1 and point 4 (fused)

Is it a line or is it an arc? Does it have to go through all four points? Must it be a sphere or can it be some other type of curve? We need more. A picture would help, as designerstuart suggested.

What? You have not heard of the spherical 4-sided figure?

That makes 2 of us. :?

Pyramid with rounded corners maybe?

I think that Spline could be the answer, set out your four points, then use the spline to draw round them, then delete your points. Difficult to know exactly what it is that your looking for without a picture though.

Spline would give you a non-uniform arced line though. I hope this helps.

OP may mean a spheroid section, i.e. the intersection of a plane and a sphere. Maybe there's a four-sided frame around the intersection, which is causing the confusion. A picture really would help, man.

This is why they make drawings...to communicate ideas to others. Upload something otherwise all of us will be guessing at what you want.

OP may mean a spheroid section, i.e. the intersection of a plane and a sphere. Maybe there's a four-sided frame around the intersection, which is causing the confusion. A picture really would help, man.

An intersection of a plane and sphere would only have 3 sides or surfaces wouldn't it? Front, back and edge...like a coin, for instance. Assuming of course, the plane had thickness.