New layers do not allow auto rename

Seydacad

I am using AutoCAD LT 2007 and have all patches, service packs and updates installed. I am running it on Windows 7 (32 bit). When creating a new layer in the layer manager, the new layer created (called Layer1) is highlighted as if you select any layer in the dialog box, but it doesn't automatically highlight just the layer name, then give you a flashing cursor to rename the layer upon creation. This used to work just fine previously on different computers but the same exact program. This particular computer however doesn't want to play nice.

This is the only location I have this issue. When I create new directories in windows explorer, or even the explorer window inside of AutoCAD, I am given the chance to rename the folder without having to click on it a couple times (or right click menu) to rename it. If I create a new layer in the layer manager, I have to pick on the layer a couple times in order to get a flashing cursor so I can rename the layer. This is a pain, especially when I am creating multiple layers, using a comma (,) to create layers fast.

Is this a setting in AutoCAD? I would think so because as I said, every other program (Explorer, MS Office, etc...) where I create a new folder lets me rename the folder automatically without having to pick on it extra times, so I don't believe it's caused by Windows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob