Drawing Compound Miters (2x4 Framing)

BacTrac2112

Just downloaded 2012 educational version - Hate to admit it but out of all the stupid things I have not found yet is the darn Zoom/zoom previous button! From what I see though, this looks like a great version. Enough for me to get on with my training again!

Question -

Basically framing in a small cubicle in 2x4's - 6'x6'x6' - Here's what I am grieviously trying to do... (In the drawing, anyway.) The base is to remain 6'x6' - tapering in at a 15 degree angle toward the top of the box or cubicle. The base perimeter 2x4's will need to be "cross cut" in a compound miter as they will be on their edge to form the base box. As well, I need to "rip" the edges of the base 2x4's to a 15 degree as well. Then my "studs" will be cut at the same degree.

I tried this with the 2002 version, but seemed to be going to L.A. Via Omaha. Must be a better way with 2012!

Now though this question makes sense to me... If I can clarify in any way, Do ask. And, Thank you!

Sweep and Slice with surface.

You are the Grand Master talking to the White Belt. Please sir, talk down to me!

I'm assuming your dimensional lumber has been created as a solid.

One can slice a solid by drawing a line, extruding it (to create a surface), then invoking the SLICE command and using the Surface option. See example of this technique in the following thread: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?58801-Getting-Mitered-Angles-on-ends-of-Solid-and-Hollow-Cylindrical-Tubes&highlight=slice+surface

:oops: It would seem that I need to spend some time utilizing the tutorials this site offers. Any tutorial suggestions would be appreciated. Just a cursory look it would seem some have been removed. Again, thanks.

There's a "button" for zoom? :P

J/K, It's on the View > Navigate ribbon panel, but with the mouse wheel, double-click mouse wheel, and Z > P at the command line, AutoCAD could have completely removed those buttons 10 years ago and I'd have never noticed.