Visual Studio 2010 with Windows 7 64 Bit "... project creation failed"

Tyke

I'm running Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on computers with XP and Vista 32 Bit and W7 64 Bit and have installed the ObjectARXs 2010 to 2012. I have also installed the AutoCAD VB.NET Application Wizard (Jerry Winters).

When I want to start a new project, for example a Windows Forms Application, it works perfectly in all three situations. If I select either an AutoCAD Managed VB Project Application or an AutoCAD VB.NET Application I have no problems in the XP and Vista 32 Bit environments, but on the W7 64 Bit machine I get an error message " ... project creation failed."

I've tried changing the location of things and adjusting the entries in the *.vsz files but all without any success. I first thought it might have something to do with the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders, but it doesn't seem to have any influence on things.

Has anybody else encountered this problem, or does anyone know of a solution,

Maybe you can try this.

With Win7 I have noticed this with about everything I download.

Once you download the ObjectArx files and BEFORE you unzip them or run the exe right-click on the folder and select properties then select the 'unblock' button.

I had problems with 64-bit templates and that solve it for me

The pic is from downloading a dwg

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the tip Jeff, I didn't know about the unblock button.

I tried it out but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

I notice that VBCAD has two separate templates for 32 and 64bit. . . .

I haven’t used the one from VBCAD, but is it derived fromthe wizard discussed here?

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/06/a-new-project-wizard-for-autocad-net-development.html

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/08/new-version-of-the-autocad-net-wizard-posted.html

VBTemp.jpg

Thanks for the information SEANT. The 64 Bit template from VBCAD is working and I've downloaded the one from Kean Walmsley's blog. I'm having a little trouble with the installation (user rights!) but I'll get that sorted out.