Defpoints is unattainable when Isolated

Prophecy99

Over the years I began to notice a weird glitch with the layer Defpoints.

When you isolate this layer any object on the layer is now unattainable to be selected via normal window crossing and direct object clicking. Go a head and try it and you will see what I am talking about. I also discovered even with a select few extra layers turned/thawed on with defpoints alone you still cannot select any objects on the layer. I noticed maybe +10 layers (dont quote me) turned on with defpoints then it is selectable as normal.

IIRC you can still select it via qslect once the layer is isolated.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I can confirm this many many many times over the past...8 years with different versions etc. and still see this glitch happening. Reason I am asking I am wondering if anyone else noticed this and if there is any kind of work around?

I tried creating custom layers to replicate defpoints with non printable attributes etc. and it worked fine with this glitch because it wasn't defpoints but there's nothing like good ol defpoints. I personally tend to draft alot of behind the scenes information on defpoints.

If you put objects on the Defpoints layer and then turn off or freeze layer 0, the objects on Defpoints will not be selectable. It's not a glitch or a bug, it's just the way the Defpoints layer works. So, instead of drawing on the Defpoints layer, you should create a non-plotting layer and draw all of your "behind the scenes information" on that layer.