Attribute Editor Text Issue

Sorry for the new thread if this has been discussed before, but finding the solution to this issue anywhere has been...frustrating and I just need the answer so I can be done with it.

So...I have a block with attributes. Double clicking brings up EATTEDIT dialog window per usual. Now up until about an hour and a half ago typing a quotation mark(") was simple. It was the right font and displayed properly on the drawing. Well after changing a lot of these attributes one after another in rapid succession, I tripped over my own fingers and now the same quotation marks show up differently in the input box(" is now ”)and display as a question mark on the drawing itself. It almost looks as if the font has been changed but when I check, it still says romans.

So does anyone know if they're is a keyboard shortcut I accidentally used to have achieved this blunder? What else could have cause this that suddenly?

It seems the problem is isolated to editing the attribute through the eattedit and attedit commands as it works just fine altering it through the properties palette. This problem also seems to be isolated to only the ' and " symbols.

Direct help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The only theory I can offer is that those curved quotes look like the "smart" quotes in Windows. That makes it a system issue, not an AutoCAD issue.

Hey, what do you know...that was it. Odd though that I had to turn them off in MS Office Word.

Thanks Cyber. :)