object snap problems

huskerguy

Have you got any "strange" programs running? Perhaps something from the mouse driver (I know some mouse drivers allow a button to cause a double click). Or perhaps some entry modifying program / remote desktop causing interference. Other than that it has to be some acad bug / addon's bug / malicious addon. Can't think of anything else that could cause this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• huskerguy

• irneb

• nestly

• Tyke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't there a variable that only lets a single object be selected, or requires shift to be held while selecting, or something of that sort? If that were getting switched on somehow (does this often happen after you've run a lisp, or specific command?) then acad might be interpretting your "enter because I'm done selecting stuff" as an "enter to pick the default point"

dJE

Isn't there a variable that only lets a single object be selected, or requires shift to be held while selecting, or something of that sort? If that were getting switched on somehow (does this often happen after you've run a lisp, or specific command?) then acad might be interpretting your "enter because I'm done selecting stuff" as an "enter to pick the default point"

dJE

Yes, in the Options dialog's Selection tab, 2nd of the bottom-left Selection Modes group there's "Use Shift to add to selection". Though this just turns PICKADD on or off. As nestly has already asked about that variable in post #15, I don't think it's that problem.

• 4 weeks later...
I can't think of any reason it would be doing that unless it's something Mechanical is doing to AutoCAD's core or some other add-on that's over-riding the base command(s). If it's affecting MOVE and COPY, I'm guessing it happens with STRETCH as well? Have you added to, or changed your installation recently?

I've been doin more work and using stretch more on this project. After I pick the end I want to stretch, hit enter so I can pick my stretch point it won't show a line giong to 0,0 like it does when I move a line. but still picks 0 as a point. It might work for a few times then it seems like it'll pick 0 for two trys then back to normal for a few stretches.

Firstly those text are drawn at some ucs, so setting their rotation to 0 turns them like this:

capture_07102011_104858.jpg

Secondly, I can select them fine - all at once. Then open the Properties palette (Ctrl+1) and modify the rotation. So the setting (if it is something like that) is not one which is saved in the DWG.

Here's my settings (those I can think of which could affect selecting multiple objects):

That's as exhaustive as I can think of. Some of those are probably not available in 2007.

• 5 years later...

This is the problem I had, sounds like huskerguy problem. Say I wanted to move some objects, I would be left clicking to pick the objects, then i would right click to let Acad know I had finished making my selection. As soon as I had done this instead of being allowed to pick a displacement point to move from myself, Autocad would automatically pick 0,0,0 for me.

Solution:- As unlikely as it sounds, as soon as I borrowed the mouse from my laptop and tried it instead, problem went away. :)

Solution:- As unlikely as it sounds, as soon as I borrowed the mouse from my laptop and tried it instead, problem went away. :)

I.e. you had a faulty mouse. As mentioned in several of the first replies, this is the likeliest cause of such behaviour. Though the OP stated that there's nothing wrong with their mouse.

I apologise. I should have been more specific. We had been using that mouse for years, and it did not show any signs of being defective while we were using it in any other program. The problem with the mouse only showed up with autocad. Every other program on the computer still worked fine. That is why it seemed to me, that it could have been an issue with the settings in the Autocad that I had just installed. I added the post , to confirm that I had followed the suggestion given by people that the mouse may have been faulty, and changing the mouse had worked. :( Did not mean to cause offence.