'Valid hatch boundary not found'

Darkmessiah

Hi everyone,

am having an issue with hatch boundaries at the moment, am trying to put a hatch down and am gettin this error 'Valid hatch boundary not found'. now am quite sure the area is enclosed so as far as i can see their should be an issue. the areas autocad is referring me to are are link together and have been replaced but i still get the same issue, when i max out the zoom their is only a tiny dot

emp1.jpg

emp2.jpg

any help you can give me would be fantastic!

Thanks John

There have been times in AutoCAD 2007 through 2009 when I have had to resort to copying my boundary to a more or less remote area of the drawing, hatching it there and then copying the hatch into the original position. The danged software sometimes won't even recognize a closed polygon (continuous polylines) as a boudary in a fairly dense drawing.

Welcome to the mysteries of Autocad hatching, best solution put mouse in other hand pat belly at same time may work then.

Check that objects are not in different 3d Z's we have found often introduce a extra line cutting intended hatch and do hatch twice will work but with no changes to original Mr Autodesk please explain.

Welcome to the mysteries of Autocad hatching, best solution put mouse in other hand pat belly at same time may work then.

Cool, it feels like somebody else is doin' it.:wink:

Check that objects are not in different 3d Z's we have found often introduce a extra line cutting intended hatch and do hatch twice will work but with no changes to original Mr Autodesk please explain.

Hmmm.

My most recent issue was in LT 2d. Sometimes audit will make it fix itself. I think sometimes the internal working database just gets confluzed up.