Raudel solis Interior Design Project 5

Raudel Solis

The render looks good.

A couple of points:

- What is the opening in the middle of the roof, is that supposed to be a sky light?

- You need more lights, it would be pretty dark at night in there otherwise

- I am not really a fan of the white walls/white roof/wooden floor boards for a t.v. room myself

I am not really a fan of the white walls/white roof/wooden floor boards for a t.v. room myself

I agree. Everyone always does wood floors, but 90% of the time it's either not practical or it just doesn't really make sense. I would have put carpet in a room like this, and of course, more furniture. The room looks very empty.

I agree. Everyone always does wood floors, but 90% of the time it's either not practical or it just doesn't really make sense...

except if you live in Sweden, all wooden floors, all the time baby!! :D

Agree that it looks empty, a painting or two perhaps. And some more furniture.

Good render though :)

Thanks for the replies, at one point i saw a light setup similar to this it looked like a skylight but had leds or something running through 2 glass tubes the room in real was illuminated pretty good. il see what i can do about furniture, i tried to keep it simple.o:)

i saw a light setup similar to this it looked like a skylight but had leds or something running through 2 glass tubes the room in real was illuminated pretty good.

Was it just the bare glass tubes? No cover? :unsure:

I agree. Everyone always does wood floors, but 90% of the time it's either not practical or it just doesn't really make sense. I would have put carpet in a room like this, and of course, more furniture. The room looks very empty.

A little more furniture, and an area rug or two. I think you'll find the acoustics to be more annoying than the lighting. Lots of echos in a room like that. Furniture, rugs, lamps, wall hangings, will do a better job of deflecting the sound. Thats why they have those big curtains hanging on all the walls floor to ceiling in movie theaters. You don't want echos to defeat your fancy high priced sound system.

Well, anybody can render an empty room. It's what you put in the room that makes it interesting.

oh, well thats true, just remember im only 15:glare:

:D

The render must be very good since all we complain about is the furniture :P

You are right! And I have no manners...it is a very good render. Should have said that first.:D

oh, well thats true, just remember im only 15:glare:

Don't take any comments on here personally. At 15 you obviously are very talented and way ahead of the game for your same age group. Some of these guys in here are paid professionals and are giving you realistic advice from years of experience. So take it as a constructive criticism and do not take it personal. They are giving you tips to be better at the time you are investing in this so my advice is to take what they are saying and utilize it. If you can gain a ton of real-world skills from some of these guys who make a living at it, then by the time you're 18-20 years old you'll already have a large stake in the market with your abilities and will be able to find a job practically anywhere.

So, I repeat, don't take it personal. See it as a blessing that some of these guys are giving you tips and comments as free advice. ;)

Thanks Jack, what furniture should i add i cant think of anything that would go well :oops:

Just to echo (no pun intended) what Styk said, don't take offense at stuff like that. Those of us that do this for a living sometimes forget to be polite. In an office, everyone is in a hurry and there's no time for oooh's and aahhh's...but there should be. It takes on an air of "ok, what do I need to do to fix this" and then you go do it because somebody somewhere is tapping his toe waiting for what you're working on.

To answer your question, some sort of window treatment like drapes or blinds (or both) at the windows and doors will keep the hot sun out and the a/c bill down. It will also keep the neighbors from peeking in your windows and the glare off the tv screen! I'd probably add a couple of benches under the windows styled to match the sofas, but with hinged tops for storage. Book cases are always nice, small pedestals with sculpture or potted plants, something like that. You're probably going to want matching area rugs under the sofas and ottomans (or would it be ottomen?) to keep them from sliding around and scratching the surface of your floor too.

If those LED tubes and the 2 recessed lights are going to be the only lights in the room, you may find that a couple lamps here and there would be welcome. The LED tubes, being that far up in the recess in the ceiling will project a rectangular beamwidth some small amount larger than the recess itself. There will be some pretty good shadows cast near the walls, and the 2 recessed lights will just sort of make a spot on whatever they are aimed at. This would be fine for watching tv and kicking back with a girl, but if someone wants to read a book, the lighting may be inadequate. Moving the LED tubes closer to the edge and adding a diffuser panel would help a great deal.

Just play around with it. There's an art to decorating a room to make it warm and inviting. An art I have not mastered, by the way. My attempts at this sort of stuff either wind up looking like a doctor's office or a flea market. I just draw the stuff, somebody more talented designs it. Look at decorating magazines, websites like HGTV and such for ideas, and you'll soon sort it out.

Well, to be honest, my comment was just a statement of the obvious. It was not a shot at anyone. The truth is, anybody can render an empty room. Just put up 4 walls, add a window, drop in a couple of couches and hit render. And if you're using a daylight system, you don't even have to bother with lighting. Just tweak a few settings and voila, instant daylight. So the reason we are only complaining about the furniture is because that's all there is to critique. The render looks fine, but the room is just empty. This is the same advice I have given on the previous two renders. You need to add more stuff. But I feel like my advice is just going in one ear and out the other.

But anyway, I'll just leave the advice giving to the "polite" people from now on. Lord knows I have enough work of my own to do without taking time out to critique other people's work.

Keep at it and good luck. :thumbsup:

"StykFacE "

I am not sure what to say in response to those words other than your a good person, and i understand what you are saying and i agree with what you said. i see that your location is Dallas Tx, Im in Arlington Tx 8)

"Jack_O'neill"

I will do some major work on the project and i will consider doing the lighting changes and curtains, drapes of course, as soon as i get 3ds max design up and running again it will attempt to load but then it will force quit giving me a messege to send error details to autodesk, until then il work of regular 3ds max

Well, to be honest, my comment was just a statement of the obvious. It was not a shot at anyone. T..........:

its not going out the other ear, im listening and following, i guess the advice goes in 1 ear then the brain attempts to process that into progress, while at the same time trying to keep it simple because i dont want my render to eventually turn into this :lol:

mess-room[1].jpg

"StykFacE "

I am not sure what to say in response to those words other than your a good person, and i understand what you are saying and i agree with what you said. i see that your location is Dallas Tx, Im in Arlington Tx 8)

Oh, nice. Didn't realize you were so close. ;)