No drag and drop on tool palette

cduke5

1) All of the computers at the office allow you to drag and drop blocks on the tool palette except one. You must go thru the Design Center to add blocks to the palette on this one computer. Any ideas?

2) Another tool palette question; a few of the blocks do not have an image on the palette, only the block name. They work just like the ones with images but a quick check of the properties indicates no difference. Why no image?

1. You should always use design centre to create tool palettes, as it references the actual block file rather than the drawing you are in when it is created. Gets very messy if links get broken somehow.

2.Few ways this can happen, the block is saved with a screwy view, or it is drag and dropped from a drawing that is corrupted or has been moved. Again, using design centre will solve all of this usually.

edit- just a thought, it is more likely possible that the actual tool palette image files have been lost or moved, which results in a blank white square, but a functioning tool.

Edited by primalscr33m
ninja edit

Thanks. I will change to your technique for building palettes.

Secondly, you are exactly right about a screwy view. I went back to the original block and there was dimension grip (with no extension line) way up the page. There actually was an image but it was so small I could not see it.