Block & Attributes Autocad 2007

mac111

Autocad 2007

I edited many properties of all attributes after opening Block Attribute Manager (BATTMAN). Then I applied "sync" button and then I applied "Apply" and "OK" Button. I saved these changes in the drawing also (CTRL + S).

After that, I inserted the same block in the same drawing, and tried to see where the values of all attributes are (their position). It was not 100% where I desired. Then I exploded that block, and opened BATTMAN. Surprisingly, I saw that "ALL the attributes" are not having the properties which I changed before "Sync", "Apply" "OK" and "Ctrl S".

Can anyone explain why this could have happened?

What is the use of "Sync" button?

Is there any method by which we can change particular property/properties of attributes in Block Attribute Manager "All in one go" OR we will have to edit them ONLY "one by one"?

Thanks

Mac

It's a bit difficult to follow your sequence of steps. In theory, you can use BATTMAN to change all the existing instances of the block to match the current definition. ATTSYNC will do the same thing. In effect you're resetting every instance of the block to its default. If you're not getting the expected result, is it possible that you edited something else? You say you exploded a block. If you edited an attribute without recreating or redefining that block with it, the block definition won't change. Is it possible that you changed the properties of a particular attribute in a particular block? That would only override the properties of that one attribute in that one block--the definition of the block itself wouldn't change.

Welcome to the forum.